Compass catalogue

JohnR

Visit site
Why do vitually all the prices in the new Compass catalogue end in 95 pence. Do they think that I am so easily taken in that I can't add 5p and realise that the item is expensive?
And why can't their models afford a shave?

claymore

Visit site
Personally, I don't mind bearded women and £1:95p is cheaper than £2:00 so good old compass, driving down the cost to you the consumer - thats what I say.

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: One eyed Women

have to be careful if ever out shopping with the Mother in Law. She has only one eye. Could be walking past an interesting shop window and inadvertently shout "Thats the one I'd get"

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Compass debate..

Well in that case I'd like to order a Navtex and a DSC vhf, don't really care if it comes from the SE or from up North! Oh and if one of you has a boat organ that would be really handy!

Please confirm delivery date by return.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: that 5p change.

Was in order that the till person would need to open the till to give change.therefore the transaction was recorded and it was more difficult to trouser the customers cash.

numenius

Visit site
Answers:

Answers:

1. Because with the demise of the half pence the old 99 1/2p trick doesnt work anymore, so firms think that by making it 95p we won't notice its really another quid (sadly probably more often than not true).

2. Because they are German (look at the text in the photographs on Navtex and similar things) ladies.

Having said that, I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them and gained 3 £10 vouchers for reccomending friends so far, so its all OK by me!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/boaty1965/index.htm