Comfortable roach mooring

jant

Visit site
Picked up a roach sailing association mooring, had intended to go from Burnham-on-Crouch to the Blackwater on Friday but with the blustery wind on the nose conditions did a handbrake turn into the Roach. Thank you to the RSA for a very comfortable mooring, donation to the rnli in rsa name as a TQ.

jant

Visit site
well I went by the advice of an RSA member a few years ago that told me all moorings above the derelict small jetty are under the control of the association marked by an arrow on attached. Hopefully, this info is correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.16.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.16.15.png
    902.4 KB · Views: 34

Dan Tribe

Visit site
The last time I borrowed a mooring there, an RSA member took the trouble to call across and say "that mooring is vacant and it's free. Don't let them tell you any different."
Seem like a good bunch of people.

MikeBz

Visit site
Picked up a roach sailing association mooring, had intended to go from Burnham-on-Crouch to the Blackwater on Friday but with the blustery wind on the nose conditions did a handbrake turn into the Roach. Thank you to the RSA for a very comfortable mooring, donation to the rnli in rsa name as a TQ.

I believe we exchanged appreciation of the weather as we motored past you on Friday morning, having spent the night anchored in The Violet. We may have looked slightly bemused at your comment about how much better the weather was than yesterday because we had enjoyed a very pleasant sail from the Backwaters (Landamere Creek) the previous day - the wind only really picked up as we entered the Crouch.

jant

Visit site
I believe we exchanged appreciation of the weather as we motored past you on Friday morning, having spent the night anchored in The Violet. We may have looked slightly bemused at your comment about how much better the weather was than yesterday because we had enjoyed a very pleasant sail from the Backwaters (Landamere Creek) the previous day - the wind only really picked up as we entered the Crouch.
Ahh yes indeed, I meant the wind in the crouch! We motored against 25kts. Entering the roach and sailing on a reach was such a bonus. All the best, colne clipper