cockroaches on board

mandlmaunder

Visit site
The Boric acid is the way to go from experience but mix it with sweeten condensed milk, much easier than mixing other stuff, makes a good paste n the left over milk is great for coffe n chocolate drinks ?
Good luck

BobPrell

Visit site
How do you get rid of the gecko infestation?

They sort of get rid of themselves. They are a brilliant biological control of another unwanted species.

In my city Brisbane, there was a permanent plague of roaches. Everybody had hundreds in their home, if not thousands. About 15 years ago, somehow asian house geckoes came here. They predated on the cockroaches. for a couple of years many small geckoes could be seen on our walls and ceilings every night. The cockroach population fell drastically. Eventually the gecko population also collapsed, they had eaten all their food supply.

Now, a cockroach is rarely seen. A very small number of large (50mm loa) geckoes are to be found in dark places.

This is a classic demonstration of biology population dynamics.

nickd

Visit site
Mix boric acid powder with instant dried potato powder, then add water. Use a 50-50 formula. Mix into a thick paste, roll into small balls, and dry. Put the little balls everywhere.

LeVine, Richard Betzalel (2012-02-05). Awakening Waves: An exciting true life sailing adventure. (p. 216). . Kindle Edition.

billskip

Visit site
When they have gone ,its keeping them gone...
I found many are brought on board with the groceries, the Greek supermarket/ shops are infested with them.

I ended up refusing any bags, boxes, and cardboard packaging coming aboard without thorough inspection.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
When they have gone ,its keeping them gone...
I found many are brought on board with the groceries, the Greek supermarket/ shops are infested with them.

I ended up refusing any bags, boxes, and cardboard packaging coming aboard without thorough inspection.

I have always kept cardboard off the boat but in 8-9 years in Greece this is the first time we have experienced the problem. It seems that sprinkled boric acid may have solved it this time, none seen for two days, but rather worrying, no bodies either. Will continue the treatment for a few nights. We have also been careful to leave no water anywhere, even small puddles, as apparently they cannot survive for long without it.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Boric acid worked x2 for me.

Clean out all lockers, lay crystalline boric acid thinly on their runs (if you can find them) or if you can't just sprinkle on the bottoms of shelves/lockers.

There a Greek product sold in their garden centres probably Boric acid or similar sprinkle it in front of electric fan it gets everywhere that's what I did at the end of last season.When I came back this spring an half hour with the vacume cleaner and none found alive, boric acid eats them from inside out. None found in the last 3 months. Trick is not to be to efficient with vacume cleaner. it also kills bed bugs if you admit to having any..

Last edited: