Coastkey wireless lanyard

Hugo_Andreae

Visit site
Anyone had any experience of this device when fitted to a Williams tender.

All information and general views appreciated.

I have been using one on my outboard powered 22ft Karnic for the past 3 years. Personally, I think it's a game changer because it allows me to move about the boat putting out fenders, sorting out ski rope, untangling fishing lines etc without having to constantly remember to clip off and clip on again. Once or twice I've had a false cut out when it's briefly lost the signal, usually due to having too many bodies in the way but never in a dangerous situation. Otherwise it has been faultlessly reliable and not yet had to change the battery. I've never had cause to rely on it in an emergency situation but it has always killed the engine whenever I've deliberately jumped in wearing it to ensure it's still working.

I know one sea school which didn't find it robust enough for all year round commercial use but I guess that's rather different.

DougH

Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys.

I guess I was being to hopeful to find someone who had used the product on a Williams.

Hugo, if I go ahead and fit the Coastkey I will send a report to the mag for your use.

Hugo_Andreae

Visit site
Thanks. Will be interested to hear how it works on a Williams given that there isn't much boat to move around. What's prompted you to consider it?

DougH

Visit site
Thanks. Will be interested to hear how it works on a Williams given that there isn't much boat to move around. What's prompted you to consider it?

The red cord is a pain in the bum and there is a tendency not to bother to connect to the 'person' when just going a short trip.

Lazy - yes, stupid - yes.

Now have two teenagers and their friends who although they have received professional training in using the Williams could get exited and fail to use the cord.

The Coastkey seems to solve this problem.