Coast last night

jimi

Visit site
Good footage of MCA survey vessel surveying an area where an uncharted rock had been discovered the hard way. Wonder how many others there are around the UK?

jimi

Visit site
Re: Coats last night

[ QUOTE ]
Jings - you've amended the title. But I shan't amend mine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, I've always been called "Sir"!

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Shetlands, fascinating. Fair isle ditto. Old man ditto. Felt they might have touched on the naval use of Scapa and, while playing with the survey vessel, mentioning the remians of the High Seas Fleet down there.

Pix of a hydrogen powered car, tres Green, shot from a chopper. Different values?

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
I've succeeded in parking on the Brambles Bank, and on Gurnard Ledge. Mind you, I knew they were there - just that I was hoping we'd scrape over and gain a racing advantage. Both times, we were off very quickly. Blokes on the end of the boom induces quite a lot of heel!

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
Well, errmm, I managed to go aground in Campbeltown Harbour, causing much mirth for the auld guys in the bar on the corner overlooking the harbour (Argyll Arms?). And, errrmm, again, in a channel of the Suir near Waterford. Mind you, that was midnight and pitch black this time. The other was in broad daylight. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Brierley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've succeeded in parking on the Brambles Bank, and on Gurnard Ledge. Mind you, I knew they were there - just that I was hoping we'd scrape over and gain a racing advantage. Both times, we were off very quickly. Blokes on the end of the boom induces quite a lot of heel!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! We watched in bemusement as a yacht tried to follow us over Bramble Bank at low water neaps and stuck fast. Presumably they thought that as we were 26' long, our keel would be similar to theirs so where we went, they could safely follow. Unfortunately for them, our swing keel was most definitely lifted at the time....

Normally we give Bramble a wide berth but on this particular occasion, both wind and tide conspired to put us much closer than we would usually get.

Cutter

Visit site
Was on (my only) corporate jolly on the BT 60' boats when one went aground on Bramble in their end of day 'race'. Contract terminating event for skipper. She did stop quite quickly!

CliveG

Visit site
We touched the bottom 5 times on Saturday.
This was in our Evolution 25.

We were trying to follow the creak though Horsey Mere to go around Horsey Island in the Walton Backwaters
Even with the keel and rudder right up we still needed 300mm of water.
We made it in the end.