Cleat wanted

STOL71

www.shuda-sailing.com
I am looking for a clamp-on cleat that opens at the base for the cleat fit over a 25 mm t-track.
Barton discontinued these aluminium cleats but maybe a fellow sailor has one lingering somewhere that they are happy to part with.
Attached a few pictures of an identical cleat.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 0

Cantata

Visit site
I have a black nylon T-track cleat going spare, 8" long, also made by Barton I think, but it slides onto the track, I guess that's definitely not suitable for what you want?

Gin

Visit site
I am still looking...
If you have not previously used one of these, then perhaps you may be interested to know of my experience and thus maybe why they were discontinued.
I installed one on a Sadler 26 ( a fairly lightweight boat) and it was not abused but nevertheless the section which acted as the sliding fit became distorted and separated from the toerail track. I did not persevere by trying to reshape it and binned it as being unsuitable to rely on

STOL71

www.shuda-sailing.com
If you have not previously used one of these, then perhaps you may be interested to know of my experience and thus maybe why they were discontinued.
I installed one on a Sadler 26 ( a fairly lightweight boat) and it was not abused but nevertheless the section which acted as the sliding fit became distorted and separated from the toerail track. I did not persevere by trying to reshape it and binned it as being unsuitable to rely on

Thanks for that. I was planning on using it as a midship cleat when coming alongside, not for springs when mooring up.up.

Gin

Visit site
Thanks for that. I was planning on using it as a midship cleat when coming alongside, not for springs when mooring up.up.
Probably a better idea- I did use mine for springs but not in any really testing circumstances but of course dock cleats are usually higher than those on a boat so maybe upward pulling caused the damage to mine

STOL71

www.shuda-sailing.com
Probably a better idea- I did use mine for springs but not in any really testing circumstances but of course dock cleats are usually higher than those on a boat so maybe upward pulling caused the damage to mine

Hight of dock cleats depends on the size of boat. :rolleyes: Mine is rather small though.
Just to reiterate to the readership: I am still looking for a clamp-on cleat to go over my 25 mm t-track as in the above pictures.

STOL71

www.shuda-sailing.com
I am looking for a clamp-on cleat that opens at the base for the cleat fit over a 25 mm t-track.
Barton discontinued these aluminium cleats but maybe a fellow sailor has one lingering somewhere that they are happy to part with.

I am still looking...

STOL71

www.shuda-sailing.com

I am still looking...