cleaning beta heat exchanger stack - easy or not?

graham

Visit site
The info on changing the bolts was from a friend who had one snap off when his engine was running. I didnt see the broken bolt ,possibly if it was wasted away that advice was specific to his engine. The bolts on our 12 year old beta 20 looked perfect last year so I reused them .hopefully that decision wont bite me at some point.

chrishscorp

Visit site
The info on changing the bolts was from a friend who had one snap off when his engine was running. I didnt see the broken bolt ,possibly if it was wasted away that advice was specific to his engine. The bolts on our 12 year old beta 20 looked perfect last year so I reused them .hopefully that decision wont bite me at some point.
I hope there wasnt too much damage done to your chums engine.

Had he always changed the anodes and had he ever had any issue with electrical leakage, that really isnt what you want happening

Humblebee

Visit site
I'm just about to do this job on my Beta 30. I see from the tips above that a bit of goo is helpful to keep the O rings in place but would Copaslip or Seacock grease be suitable? I seem to recall that rubber rings will perish if in contact with oil or grease but maybe that was in the days of natural rubber. I expect they are synthetic now, but thoughts would be appreciated.