Cherbourg Scuttlebutt September 2018

dom

Visit site
PM sent. Definitely coming from the Medway via the Southampton Boat Show. Sailing singlehanded, so may need a liitle assistance mooring to the pontoon finger in Cherbourg.

Catch your rope with one hand, hand you a beer with the other ;)

wizard

Visit site
Boat is still out of the water but should be back in in time for me to do a test sail before Cherbourg trip. At worse, Cherbourg might be my test sail! :)

Good to hear you might still make it.

Makes a change from ‘I am not sure when I will be back from Spain/Portugal’ ;)

KREW2

Visit site
Not been to St Vaast before.
Tides look good for Thursday, anyone else going?

Please note, in the current climate I hope not be doing any trawling on the way over.

Angele

Visit site
Not been to St Vaast before.
Tides look good for Thursday, anyone else going?

Tempting idea. I might join you. I'm planning to depart early on Thursday, making Friday a reserve day for weather. If, however, the weather is settled, then St Vaast could make a pleasant diversion on the way over.

Be aware that, in windy conditions, the headland round Barfleur can kick up a bit. Although nowhere near as bad as Cap de la Hague, this can necessitate going well offshore before rounding the corner, adding an hour or two to the passage from St Vaast to Cherbourg.

Angele

Visit site
Hi all. Back from my little cruise, so updating numbers from my earlier posts #90 and #91.

I have added Chubby, Colhel, Concerto, CPD, Dom, DJE, Horatio_Nelson, LadyInBed and SimonFa. And removed Little Grebe (Rotrax wasn’t in my earlier list).

So, the revised list (with numbers for dinner) is as follows:

Angele 2
BobC 2
chrishscorp 1
Chubby 2 – see below
Colhel Numbers please
Concerto 1
CPD? Numbers please
Dom 2? – see below
DJE 3
Horatio_Nelson Numbers please
Jemini 1
Jungle Jim 4
KREW2 3
prv 3
RadiumRob 3
sailor211 1
Shamaya 3
SimonFa 1
Wizard 2

In addition to the above, I hear on the grapevine that Topcat47 and Giblets have infiltrated themselves by securing passage and harbour berths and are therefore in addition to the numbers showing above.

So, it is looking like we will be around the 40 mark for dinner – similar to other years. Please let me have any errors or omissions are soon as possible as I need to confirm numbers this week.

I don’t have boat names for Colhel’s new stinkpot, nor for CPD or Concerto (although I'm taking a stab that Concerto = Concerto). If you want to benefit from the rally discount, I’ll need to know please.

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
Another one for the list.

In Symphony II with PhillM to do the work and keep me awake!

So 2 for dinner

Planning to do daylight on Friday starting very early from Poole..