Cherbourg Scuttlebutt 2019

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
We have arranged a long weekend and plans will depend on weather. We might pop over from Plymouth but it will be on an ah hoc basis, just turning up at some point Saturday.

chubby

www.flickr.com
Does anyone fancy an unorganised meet up in Cherbourg?

I am now booked up for the end of that week: meeting Mrs Chubby in Poole 4th to 6th sept then a CA rally in sunny gosport 7th and 8th but free between 30/8 and 4/9 so might do a quick trip to Cherbourg if brilliant weather but more likely a few days anchoring in Swanage and Studland to offset the cost of the Boat haven and Mrs C in the hotel du vin: the Guildhall tavern in Poole despite it`s name is more French than the Cherbourg YC restaurant and easier to reach!

SimonFa

Visit site
I am now booked up for the end of that week: meeting Mrs Chubby in Poole 4th to 6th sept then a CA rally in sunny gosport 7th and 8th but free between 30/8 and 4/9 so might do a quick trip to Cherbourg if brilliant weather but more likely a few days anchoring in Swanage and Studland to offset the cost of the Boat haven and Mrs C in the hotel du vin: the Guildhall tavern in Poole despite it`s name is more French than the Cherbourg YC restaurant and easier to reach!

Where do you anchor in Swanage? I tucked under Ballard Down once but I wasn't convinced about the holding so usually go round to Studland.

chubby

www.flickr.com
Where do you anchor in Swanage? I tucked under Ballard Down once but I wasn't convinced about the holding so usually go round to Studland.

I prefer Studland because better shelter and easier to nip into Poole hbr if the wind turns east. I have never overnighted in Swanage but some say close north of the pier inside local moorings?

Jemini

Visit site
Will the Cherbourg meet go ahead? I have spent 3 weeks sailing around Normandy and Brittany with no sign of offialdom. If the Meet goes ahead I recommend a different dining venue - I ate at the YC restaurant with 2 different rallies this year - The menu is terrible and some reported illness afterwards including myself!

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
We have arranged a long weekend and plans will depend on weather. We might pop over from Plymouth but it will be on an ah hoc basis, just turning up at some point Saturday.

Does anyone fancy an unorganised meet up in Cherbourg?

Will the Cherbourg meet go ahead? I have spent 3 weeks sailing around Normandy and Brittany with no sign of offialdom. If the Meet goes ahead I recommend a different dining venue - I ate at the YC restaurant with 2 different rallies this year - The menu is terrible and some reported illness afterwards including myself!

We will try and be there if the weather is suitable. Can't we just see who's there and see what we can book on the day?

Regarding officialdom we saw no sign of them in our 5-week trip to South Brittany and back.

Jemini

Visit site
Yes to an unorganised meet in CH but are we looking at Aug 31 / sept 1st or later? RORC race to CH is on Sept 7/8

Jemini

Visit site
I shall stand by to see if anyone wishes to meet up in CH in september - I appreciate the exchange rate and political hiatus do not encourage anyone to travel to the eurozone so maybe a meet in Poole or other destination might be received more favourably?
Robin (Champasak - Dufour 32 Classic)