Cheap Sunseekers...?

luckyjimbo

Visit site
Can anyone tell me why, Sunseekers, particularly the Martinique and Portofino, seem, lower priced in the used market, then similar sportcruiser marques, Ive been looking at early to mid ninties models.
Could there be any reliability problems ?.
James.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Sunseekers tend to be bought by some people as fashion accessories. Also Sunseeker change their model designations more often than other manufacturers and tend to use contempory internal styling rather more traditional styling so the older boats may look a bit dated. However, there is nothing wrong with either the Martinique or Portofino (32?) so, if you find a good one, go for it

EME

www.lumishore.com
R U sure?

Given that a boat like the mid - nineties Portofino 375 knocks out at between 125- 150k depending on fit and is a (little ) big compromise, I wouldn't call it cheap compared to competition.

Ditto with Martinique ( which is good 'value' by S/eeker standards) but what are you comparing with? I think you'll find equivalent British models cheaper ...in MHO of course....it should also be said that when new these earlier Sunseeker model prices appaear to have had little 'Brand ' value built into their selling price. Which isn't possibly true of today's newest models???

...I wanna boat please..

stewart

Visit site
Portofino 400 say £135k, Martinique 39 say £100k typically don't seem either too high or too expensive. Also worth a look are the Mustique 42 (£140k) and the Camargue 46 (£130k). I don't think there are any inherent problems with any of these it's just a matter of finding a good one that's been looked after as with any boat, and you shouldn't lose much at all on depreciation.

G

Anyone know what the accomodation is like on a mustique 42 ? Theres one on the Paul Grange brokerage
with twin 470 volvos on shafts

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

EME

www.lumishore.com
Mustique Cheap Sunseekers...?

For a layout and some interior pictures . Follow the 'Buying' link above and do a search on Used sunseeker betwen 11 and 13 meters and selectas appropriate.

This time last year I lookedat several, 'cos loads of people on this forum were suggesting that I did NOT buy a Sterndrive boat, but to get a cockpit cruiser on shaftts. I have to say that I found the inerior rather angular and not to my taste . This was a very jaundiced view as I appreciate now that this is but cosmetic.

It is however relatively small for its overall size. If you do look at the Mustique you really should alo look at the Camargue 46.......and so it goes on !!

...I wanna boat please..

stewart

Visit site
Re: Mustique Cheap Sunseekers...?

Accomaodation on a mustique is probably a little more modern than the Camargue 46 but also significantly smaller, especially the cockpit. You pays your money etc..... (I bought the C46 so may be a bit biased!)

EME

www.lumishore.com
Re: Mustique Cheap Sunseekers...?

I i'll say it for you ..............the CAMARGUE 46 is a BETTER boat and it's got loads MORE cockpit space and if you want a boat from Sunseeker that's great value, it's probably the best out there at the moment . ALL IMHO BTW.

...I wanna boat please..