Cheap inflatable in Portugal

GHA

Visit site
Tinker tramp is beyond help this time, so in need of a new inflatable. After full time on the hook since last March the inflatable has only been in the water a handful of times for some water or diesel, a Decathlon hard kayak is the new daily get ashore transport which works great single handed.

So can't see the point of spending more budget that is strictly necessary.

The choices so far, needs to be delivered to Faro.
From SVB24>
https://www.svb24.com/en/seatec-pearl-230-inflatable-boat-air-floor-2-people-2-25-m.html
Plus looks like €50 for shipping so about €570
1719218976313.png

Or..
Home :: Inflatable Boats, Water Spòrts & Accessories :: Inflatable Boats :: Aqualine Inflatable Airfloor
1719219012308.png
Or..
Arimar Soft Line 240cm
1719219042899.png
Both plus 20 delivery

Anyone used these??

Or any other option available in portugal?

Thnx

(anyone in Faro want a tinker tramp with sails? Keeps you fit. Pumping air all the way there & back 🙂)

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
Don't have direct experience of these brands, but they all show the same basic design and will come from similar factories in China using basically the same materials. You can see clearly the cheap one does not have the same level of fittings such as grab handles and lifelines, nor an adjustable thwart. May well not have a towing line, but difficult to tell - cheap in this instance seems more lack of features than basic structural quality. Oars and rowlocks are a weak point, but they all seem a similar design.

Reactions: GHA

GHA

Visit site
Arimar Softline is available for the same price from Ayamar chandlery in Ayamonte. They do regular deliveries along the Algarve and are great to deal with.

Arimar Soft Line 240cm
bottom 2 options are both Ayamar, getting new anchor chain from them already.

But after an excellent point by tranona SVB are out in the lead so far..... & no cruising boat liftout happens without a couple of deliveries from SVB 😁
Better add a few more low friction rings to that list thinking about it, what else have I forgotten?
Could be the last boaty shop for a good while.... 🤔

Last edited:

KompetentKrew

Visit site
The Aqualine has a V in the hull shape - I think you may find it rows better than the flat-bottomed Seatec Pearl. The pics of the Arimar don't show the underside.

I have a Honwave 2.7IE which I love - the V is quite pronounced, and it rows very well.

GHA

Visit site
The Aqualine has a V in the hull shape - I think you may find it rows better than the flat-bottomed Seatec Pearl. The pics of the Arimar don't show the underside.

I have a Honwave 2.7IE which I love - the V is quite pronounced, and it rows very well.
Ta, the kayak rows much better 😎
Based on this years anchoring it will only get inflated once very few months for an hour or so rather than every day otherwise the wallet would take a far bigger hit.
Probably be back in the yard next week.

GHA

Visit site
There you go then, buy a second kayak, a couple of planks and some netting 😎
did actually think just for a few moments about that .......but nah, won't work in so many ways--- 😁

And with a little drift, for single handed cruising €400 in decathlon on a hard kayak has been another one of those occasional big game changers, like lithium.
Launch in seconds, run it up a rocky beach where dinghies fear to tread, save on petrol & remarkable stable, just not so great for ferrying a load of diesel or water. Gets used pretty much every day.
And a (quite easy) whereizit from a few weeks back>>

1719265596129.png

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
did actually think just for a few moments about that .......but nah, won't work in so many ways--- 😁

And with a little drift, for single handed cruising €400 in decathlon on a hard kayak has been another one of those occasional big game changers, like lithium.
Launch in seconds, run it up a rocky beach where dinghies fear to tread, save on petrol & remarkable stable, just not so great for ferrying a load of diesel or water. Gets used pretty much every day.
And a (quite easy) whereizit from a few weeks back>>

View attachment 179005

Valle Gran Rey, La Gomera, Canaries

Reactions: GHA

GHA

Visit site
Valle Gran Rey, La Gomera, Canaries

A virtual beer for the winner!! And what a lovely spot.

604dd8db9d13e460c29150f39692acf4.gif