Cheap Chinese Diesel Heaters the Return !

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Well several years ago I posted what became a very long and shall we say interesting thread about Cheap Chinese Diesel Heaters. Enough time has elapsed to establish that they are actually very good and reliable and my 2, one in the Boat and the Other in My workshop have been working very well for a few years now.

I have now bought for the Princely sum of £85 all in delivered an 'all in one' unit that has a variety of uses me thinks, provided you can successfully duct the exhaust gases to the outside air. You are of course burning fossil fuel to keep warm but to my knowledge there is not a viable Battery powered alternative.

I am thinking this could be used under the canvas on a fly bridge, in and awning for a caravan or camper or even in a suitable tent, In a garden shed, Workshop, Garage or similar........ Just remember that exhaust.

Here is a little video of what you get. I will be firing her up soon and posting some more info. Let us all know what you think.

freddyuk

Visit site
I just bought my third one for £65 and installed in the garden cabin but now the prices have gone much higher. Shipping from CN was more than the heater cost!

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I just bought my third one for £65 and installed in the garden cabin but now the prices have gone much higher. Shipping from CN was more than the heater cost!

The Current price on ebay for this one is about £90 which is still incredible value and that includes delivery. Yes they were previously about £65 but hey what is £25 nowadays.

Its a container that has gone up from $1,200 to $9,000 to the UK. That is Trumps fault I think

Hot Property

Visit site
HI Dennis, what is the fuel tank capacity please? Also, does the exhaust pipe touch the floor or is there enough room to route it so that it hangs in mid air and allow for pipe insulation etc.?

Bigplumbs

Visit site
HI Dennis, what is the fuel tank capacity please? Also, does the exhaust pipe touch the floor or is there enough room to route it so that it hangs in mid air and allow for pipe insulation etc.?

Fuel Capacity....... Well of course it doesn't say but I recon about 3 - 4 ltrs which based on my other ones will last a good while
Re the exhaust I think it will touch the floor. It looks very easy however to fix a bit of timber to the 'feet'

I will report more when I set it up and fire it up hopefully tomorrow.

Her indoors has just arrived have got to move it off the table quickly

Last edited:

limecc

Visit site
I purchased a similar 8kw suitcase heater a few years ago, still haven't fired it up because I spotted something in the design that made it unsafe, can't remember what it was. Cost £120. Anyway a nice little project when I get around to it. Also purchased an inline fuel filter (£4) and stainless silencer (£7.59 lol) for it.
8kwHeater.png

Last edited:

limecc

Visit site
Loads of people use them in tents. More like Tepee Bell tents but tents none the less. Have a little google around or look on You Tube
Stupid people. Any sense and they'd have the unit completely outside and duct the heat & clean air inside. Also with a nearby CO alarm.

Noisy things. At least the one fitted to my Audi.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Stupid people. Any sense and they'd have the unit completely outside and duct the heat & clean air inside. Also with a nearby CO alarm.

Noisy things. At least the one fitted to my Audi.

Let me get this right. You of all people are accusing others of being stupid…….. Priceless

I am also wondering what the clean air is you are talking about. Would that be the clean air that can suck back in the exhaust fumes because you have placed the unit outside. Do you even know how these work and how they should be set up.

As usual you are commenting about something that you confess to have never used. Again priceless

will the real limecc please stand up

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
It is Saturday so time to have a little fiddle about with the heater.

Had a look at the Instructions and while there are several pages you will not be surprised to hear that they leave quite a bit to the imagination .

Momac

Visit site
Not sure that's a safe thing to be using on a boat unless fixed as per the usual arrangements for a diesel heater .

stelican

Visit site
Let me get this right. You of all people are accusing others of being stupid…….. Priceless

I am also wondering what the clean air is you are talking about. Would that be the clean air that can suck back in the exhaust fumes because you have placed the unit outside. Do you even know how these work and how they should be set up.

As usual you are commenting about something that you confess to have never used. Again priceless

will the real limecc please stand up
From my observations quite a few people who go camping on a budget do not pay much attention to detail, These are the ones who are more likely to put themselves at risk from faulty or poorly installed equipment. And it seems from your latest post the instructions could be dubious

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I have now carried out what I consider a few vital adaptations. The first is to tie back the fuel line so that it cannot come into contact with the hot exhaust. Easily done by drilling a small hole in the casing and tying back with some wire or similar

Fule Pipe.jpgFuel pipe tied back.jpg it

Bigplumbs

Visit site
The Exhaust does indeed touch the base of what ever it would stand on so you need to attach pieces of timber or similar to raise it up. It is also wise to put some heat shield or insulation on the exhaust as it gets very hot indeed. I will do this later.

Exhaust.jpg

Exhaust 2.jpg

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I think it is also wise to use some fire clay or cement around the outlet where the exhaust attaches.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
From my observations quite a few people who go camping on a budget do not pay much attention to detail, These are the ones who are more likely to put themselves at risk from faulty or poorly installed equipment. And it seems from your latest post the instructions could be dubious

Instructions are indeed Dubious but I firmly believe people need to use their own Brains and only do and use things like this if they are confident. The State cannot protect us all against everything.

Only use one of these or similar stuff if you are confident in what you are doing