Chartering in Croatia

goldscoter14

Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to charter a yacht in the Adriatic, probably for a week at the end of this month. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on what companies are good to deal with or what the best ports are to sail out of? I know it is a bit late to be booking, but we were not sure how our time was going to work out when we came over.

There would be six of us, of varying sailing experience, myself being the most experienced, and keeping the cost of the charter low is becoming more important the closer we get to Croatia.

I have been sailing for 10 years, and been a yacht owner for 3, with daytrips along the Irish west coast and endlesss lake sailing. I am a certified VHF user, but outside of that I have no official qualifications other than certs I recieved from the ISA when I learned in dinghys many years ago. Could this be a problem? I know charter companies opinions differ on skippers having ICC's and yachtmaster qualifications.

Many thanks, I appreciate any help anyone could give

Regards,
Danny

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
A) Welcome

B) Seem to remember a v. similar question being asked quite recently.

C) There's a search function tucked away towards the top of the page which should uncover previous threads.

D) Alternatively use a search engine, and specify ybw.com as the domain to search

E) I've chartered there from S*nsail and it's really good. Your experience should be quite adequate, and the charter co's are not beyond issuing an instant certificate if you need one.

bluemoongaffer

Visit site
We used late sail (latesail.com) and chartered from Primosten via a local company in 2005. They gave us a very nice Elan 37 in good condition. I probably have the name of the company somewhere. PM me if you want it. Fab cruising grounds all around there. I don't think you'll have any problems with your experience - all line of sight and no tides. However, I think they asked me for my certificate, so worth getting something like the ICC before you go. Sqeezy jet flies to Split now and buses run to Kremik marina just outside the Primosten itself.

capnsensible

Visit site
Try Team Sailing who advertise quite a bit in the yachting press. Based at Haslar Marina in Gosport but have boats in Croatia. Speak to John, who Ive never heard of and who isn't my good mate. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif