Chartering Greece - Easter - Advice please?

G

Would like to charter somewhere warm next Easter, which is early. Will Greece be a waste of time? Anyone with knowledge of Ionian Isles etc please tell us - will it be suitable for fairly experienced group with 11 year old boy? And will it be WARM?!
Would we be better off in the West Indies? Any suggestions gratefully received. Do you have any recommendations re - good companies who can include airfares?
Thanks
Andy Orr

G

I have recently aquired a boat in the Ionian (Preveza-Lefkas etc). Watching the weather reports over past months (Feb - May) it has only just become pleasant in last few weeks. i.e. It is "very" hit and miss and this concurs with local knowledge where the Sun, wind and rain are very unreliable. i.e. In April(Roughly Easter) you could have 12 degrees one day and 22 the next. Rain and cloud was the norm for April. Even the first week of May was anything - from a "pleasant" (by UK standards - hot Summer day) 18 through to 2 days when it hit 28. Frankly - middle end May on to September and if I was chartering I would go for September as the crowds begin to disperse, the sea is warm and it is frankly the nicest - in my humble opinion. Forget Easter anyway as it is also more expensive to fly too. Stay at home and stuff those Easter Eggs down. For an excellent 5 day forecast (simple and to the point)go to Yahoo's weather and type in Preveza. It shows rain, sun and temp and all April this year it was mainly rain and cloud (I checked every day virtually)!

G

Yes easters too soon for Greece and Flights are difficult and expencive till the charter flights
start.

But do sail the Ionion Isles later in the year.
Try Odisious. They dont bother to much with the formalitise.