Charging regulator

kinta

Visit site
The charging regulator for my MD1 dynastart needs replacing. I would be greatful if anybody could tell me where I can get a replacement. its a bosh system.
Thanks for any advise.
Don.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jerryat

Visit site
Hi kinta,

Sailorman's idea is good if you don't need the dynastart for starting your engine as you probably do. I had exactly this problem many years ago and the manufacturers replacement cost was wickedly high. I went to Lucas Marine here in Plymouth who sold me a identical unit for well under half the manu's price.

I would therefore try Lucas first or any general automotive dealer, though these items are now getting harder to source as I understand it.

Good luck with your search

Cheers

Jerry

<hr width=100% size=1>

halcyon

Visit site
The last price I had for a Bosch controller was £350 plus, furtunatley our engine has a new one, rebuilt dynastart, and a alternater so have finger csossed. Speak to your local LSUK, they should be able to supply a standard dynamo reg and a suitable relay that can be put together to do the same job.

Brian

<hr width=100% size=1>

pampas

Visit site
As far as I remember one must have a regulator that regulates in the Neg feed, a standard one is usually Pos., Have been down that route, would suggest using the dynastart as starter only with a heavy duty relay, and if the engine is powerful enough fix up an alternator Lucas LRA100 (30Amp).

<hr width=100% size=1>