Channel islands 22 or seafarer 21

Flipflop1982

Visit site
Hi All, just wanted to update you all and say thanks for all of your help, especially Kawasaki who's advice was invaluable.
I have just had an offer accepted on a bit of a project of a CI22, but whos 140hp engine is in great condition.
You probably have all seen it listed. Needs work, but i can make it my own now as have plenty budget left over.
I would probably faff with whatever i got, so this is the best idea that is fine for fishing trips until its a stunner.

https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1691044/

That said, does anyone know of the best transducer type and location for the CI22? Is a through hull tilted element best to cut down on drag and provide clear imaging?
If so, does anyone know the deadrise angle?

Thanks
Absolutely cant wait to get out in it. Kawasaki will tell you how happy i was when the offer was accepted as he was the first person i called!

Murv

Visit site
That's my boat! Or was, it's yours now!

It is very ratty, but the engine and box are solid.
All the electronics do work, it's just connections that are dodgy so don't throw any of that away! The bilge pump laying on the shelf inside is actually a new one, just needs fitting.
I was absolutely crushed by the sale price, but it had to go and needs must.
Good luck with the restoration, I'll look forward to seeing the progress. She is a lovely boat.

Flipflop1982

Visit site
Murv,
Thanks for the reply. Im looking forward to getting her looking great and will post updates on the forum along the way. Thanks for the info regarding the electronics, i was going to have a closer look at if they could be fixed, before replacing so that is good news. Cant wait to get out on her tbh! I know where to find you now if i have any questions!

Bajansailor

Visit site
Here is a Builder's catalogue for the CI 22 which I picked up at Southampton Boat Show around 1990.

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%201.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%202.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%203.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%204.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%205.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%206.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%207.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%208.jpg

Channel%20Islands%2022%20-%209.jpg

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I bought my CI32 through Ian Driver, that was about 25 years ago and just before he retired. He was a real gent, I hope he’s still enjoying his retirement.

Kawasaki

Visit site
I bought my CI32 through Ian Driver, that was about 25 years ago and just before he retired. He was a real gent, I hope he’s still enjoying his retirement.

'Ian Driver' now there was a Gent, correct Young Man
The above images and copy Catalogues ' were one of the reasons I had one
I 'salvered' over the 'info' and a delivery trip on one convinced Me
Prior, I had only helmed planing hulls
Learned So Much with mine
Nice to peruse those images again, thanks Banjan