Centurion 32

nickcows&boats

Visit site
I have just bought a Centurion 32. Are there any other owners out there? I have found all sorts of information on French sites but no English sites

rob2

Visit site
No, haven't got one - but I'm envious. A lovely boat! I doubt there are many in the UK, though. Some heretics even suggest she's better than a CO32!

Rob.

SAWDOC

Visit site
best of luck with your new boat.
we own a gladiateur 33 which is also a wauquiez built boat.
there is a wauquiez owners group on yahoo which is reasonably active and a good source of information.
surprisingly many of the boat owners who post are based on west coast
usa.
our boat isboth safe and fast and a pleasure to own and sail - i hope you find the same.

kim_83

Visit site
Spent a couple of months on one ending up in Spain. Very wet in Biscay. Needed a snorkle at night.

Boat was I think called Shadowfax.

Sailed absolutely beautifully. Though not much room in the forepeak when sharing with seven sails.

If it was Shadofax of Burnham you crossed the Biscay on the she is still in the family.

The original owners nephew in law (my father) has just finished restoring her and she now lives at Brighton Marina.

David 2013 208.jpg

David 2013 164.jpg

David 2013 136.jpg

David 2013 142.jpg

Bajansailor

Visit site
Rob, I hope that you managed to throw out at least some of the 7 sails when you were sharing with Lucy........ :)
A tight squeeze for sure if there are 9 of you in the forepeak!

Here is a thread I started some years ago about some friends who crossed the Atlantic in their Centurion 32 'Vadis', and subsequently sailed home to New Zealand with her (and their baby daughter) :
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?110897

Vadis was / is a very lovely boat indeed.

bedouin

Visit site
It is surprising how many owners of the Centurion 32 turn up on this Forum. I have one, and Aeolus used to (haven't seen him around recently). I have a feeling that there are another couple of owners or former owners hanging around here too.

Beautiful boats to look at and to sail :)

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
Kurrawong is now owned by my son, but I'm not sure whether she is currently in the Netherlands or the UK! I don't think he is a member of the forum.

becq

Visit site
Does anyone have experience of re-bedding a keel on a Centurion 32? Any peculiarities to look out for?

Justin Wood

Visit site
Wonderful boats. My old man had one (Fiasco of Ashton - a Mark I built ~ 1972) and we sailed her all around the Channel as well as to the Med and back. I have just bought a Centurion, Aeolus IV, and very much hope she will be my pride and joy for years to come. If anyone knows where Fiasco of Ashton is now based I'd be delighted to know. Fiasco was painted bright red and, unusually, was fitted with wheel steering...her sail number was/is K382C; she is not listed on any of the Centurion web-sites.