Cavtat today, 1 June 2017

youp

Visit site
After 32 hours from Gouvia we arrived in Cavtat. Nervous about the Croatian formalities. What a relief! No 'mooring' service fees. Police, forthcoming. Harbour master, sweet as honey. 30 minutes and we were all set and ready to enjoy a fantastic dinner at the Bugenvila.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
We've never had any problems clearing into Cavtat and 30 minutes sounds about right. However, if they've finally got rid of that parasitic mooring service ("Don't bother taking our lines, we'll moor ourselves a bit further along from the Customs quay". First question from Port Police .... "You must moor at the offical Customs quay or you will be fined!) then that is a very good thing! :)

Richard

sailaboutvic

Visit site
After 32 hours from Gouvia we arrived in Cavtat. Nervous about the Croatian formalities. What a relief! No 'mooring' service fees. Police, forthcoming. Harbour master, sweet as honey. 30 minutes and we were all set and ready to enjoy a fantastic dinner at the Bugenvila.

Very glad to hear that they gone , if they have .
we never paid them , but we have had heated conversation with the guys in the pass .
I had always advise people to check in else where or stand there ground and every one I know who had check in there none have paid ,
with these places if people refuse to pay in the end it won't be worth they while being there .
Thanks for reporting this .
Has for checking time , has richard have said , that's about right .

Hardmy

Visit site
Last time we were there, they called the police in order to oblige us to pay the guy handling the lines. Although my father was waiting for us on the quay, and told them that we don't need their help. I remember very well, that the police woman hugged this guy, then I understood. When she started to be aggressive as well, I gave up and paid. I am really very glad that things have changed in Cavtat!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Last time we were there, they called the police in order to oblige us to pay the guy handling the lines. Although my father was waiting for us on the quay, and told them that we don't need their help. I remember very well, that the police woman hugged this guy, then I understood. When she started to be aggressive as well, I gave up and paid. I am really very glad that things have changed in Cavtat!

I log a complain with the PP , twice , and both times they said , it nothing to do with them .
Stand your ground that's what I say , I bet if your dad said he wanted to speak to the Captain of the police , your hugging women would had disappeared.

BartW

www.amptec.be
I' m not sure if they are gone, afaik they start their "service" within a few weeks,
And I'm also not sure if you can absolutely " ignore" them, afaik the service is a invention of a high shot in Dubrovnic, backed up by oa the police,
Going in discussion with Croat officials usually brings a even worse solutions. ☹️

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I' m not sure if they are gone, afaik they start their "service" within a few weeks,
And I'm also not sure if you can absolutely " ignore" them, afaik the service is a invention of a high shot in Dubrovnic, backed up by oa the police,
Going in discussion with Croat officials usually brings a even worse solutions. ☹️
I have had the discussion with the PP each time we been there , every time the answer I got is " it's nothing to do with us ".
Is a custom quay , it free to be use to clear custom the really problem is two fold ,
The charter marker , people on charter just throw their money around like no to morrow , in some cases there six to a boat so what Four euros each , the second problem is people don't want the hassle so they pay up , that's fine , then they should pay up and stop complaining, the rest of us will carry on doing what we do and not pay .

Is is the same story every where now , Greece is slowly being taken over by people who have some how got there hands on town quay , the charges are going up each year , we are meeting people now who two / three years ago where say , " it's only 5 Euro Greece need the money " now the 5 euros have gone in to 15 in some some case 20 the same people are moaning Well if they didn't pay in the first place and went else where the charges wouldn't be there or at less not so high . Keep paying guys why the rest of us keep out of their way.

Last edited:

truscott

Visit site
When we came through Cavtat, the Harbour Master had gone home (it was 3pm after all), so we were told to rack off and move on to Gruz (they actually said Dubrovik, which caused some confusion). They did not ask for money as they would not let us tie up. The Police lady simply looked at the name of the boat and the nationality of our passports and told us to P.O. We were told that our suggestion to anchor, remain on the boat and clear in in the morning would result in our being in very serious trouble.

Clearing in at Gruz was a delight. Harbour wall is not too high, and the walking about isn't arduous. Clearing in took all of 20 minutes including a walk to the ATM just along from the Harbour Masters Office (and waiting on them to process the two boats ahead of us). I plan to clear out from there also.

Cavtat can go whistle (we're headed direct to Greece, so am not too worried about having to leave Croatian Waters directly).

Your mileage may vary.

PT