Caught by the scamera

johnalison

Visit site
I thought that you were going to be launching into a whinge about being caught doing 30.5 mph on the town's roads, but surely, Shirley, this harbour camera can't be considered a scam. As far as I am concerned, this bloke should be debarred from wearing a lifejacket for life, and see how that feels.

capnsensible

Visit site
Scam? Not for me. However educating the bloke in safety and good seamanship would be significantly better than a fine in my opinion.

And yes, I've operated high speed ribs on many occasions .....

Stemar

Visit site
Scam? Not for me. However educating the bloke in safety and good seamanship would be significantly better than a fine in my opinion.

OTOH, the publicity gained by prosecuting may help train others. Also, over three times the speed limit? 20kts in a 6 knot limit. That goes beyond a warning to me, especially if he's a local, so well aware of the limit.

fisherman

Visit site

Snowgoose-1

Visit site

You mean like those car rehabilitation car courses for speeding that none of us have ever been on.

fisherman

Visit site
Funny how different is the response from the usual traffic camera posts.
Surely it's OK to break the speed limit when it's quiet, and you are experienced and confident in your boat driving abilities, and your wake is less at speed after all............plus the economy at planing speeds blah blah blah.............

capnsensible

Visit site
Surely it's OK to break the speed limit when it's quiet, and you are experienced and confident in your boat driving abilities, and your wake is less at speed after all............plus the economy at planing speeds blah blah blah.............
Lots of people think they are the worlds best car driver despite all the evidence. But not many have skippered high speed ribs?

Bouba

Visit site
The question also remains concerning the kill cord in harbour.....if you are coming in to dock...you need to disconnect your kill cord to get up and tie up....otherwise you will possibly kill the engine when going for the mooring rope...and if you need to readjust your position then it’s several steps to regain power...leaving you in a worse position

johnalison

Visit site
I'm not sure about that. I don't think that any of my posts, for instance, have shown any sympathy for law-breakers of any kind, with the possible exception of those where the law or markings were unclear.

Bouba

Visit site
I'm not sure about that. I don't think that any of my posts, for instance, have shown any sympathy for law-breakers of any kind, with the possible exception of those where the law or markings were unclear.
So you have never shown any empathy for........Robin Hood🤷‍♂️