Cats or Dogs

jfm

Visit site
Re: Vote for Dogs

I like dogs, but other people's. Wouldn't want hassle of my own!

We had a family boatie dog throughout my childhood. He was fine on boat, loved it, good swimmer. But you hear about dogs who hate it and tremble as they are forced aboard. So you have to get the right dog imho. Dunno about dog makes, but ours was a bog standard Volvo-estate-accessory retriever job. If getting a new dog, take for a test sail first, imho.

Also what happens when dog needs kahzee? When I was a child we had day boats so not a prob, but what about a long cruise? Can dog use head? That sounds gross. Haydn may know about this

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedDreamer

Visit site
Donkeys

posted on behalf of Harry who I nominate as the official forum mascot

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

paulineb

Visit site
CATS

Feline, sensual, elusive, independent and completely laid back

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
i have a siamese going spare if anyone wants it
personally i prefer cats cos they are less work but on boats
alcohol is my preferred cargo

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Siamese Don't tempt me, my old Siamese died after giving us 18 years of affection and we all miss her terribly. Doubt if mummy would let me have another one though. [sad]

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Hary3.jpg

We had a retriever once. It used to go and sit in the dighy on the davits if it got rough.

Had a black labrador years ago. That used to be forever jumping off the boat into the Broads. Luckily we would see it swimming 50yds behind.........../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
last one died at 21 he was great
but this one is the local terror
he bullies our nine yr old moggy which is a bit rough on him.
fortunately the current siamese is as blind as a bat and cannot follow the moggy up trees soi he can get some peace.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
I bought a lifejacket and EPIRB for my King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, he's coming down to the South Coast next weekend, he's old, deaf and daft but got good eyesight. Managed to get a salt tablet trigger set up to activate the EPIRB just in case he jumps ship!!

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

paulineb

Visit site
can't he lick the decks clean in your new enterprise?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Good idea, could get some more recruits here /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Is it true your cats got long tongues?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

paulineb

Visit site
of course - what else could I have possibly meant?

SteveJ

Visit site
has any body tryed to get rid off the dog hairs after the dog has been on board, its a nightmarespecially if it keeps moulting!! Don't like the sound of cats on board, unless paws get some nice little booties to put on speak to pauline she could probably knit some for you

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Pussy for me please

NM

<hr width=100% size=1>My little Princess/forums/images/icons/laugh.gifthe 33 of course.

Alistairr

Visit site
Dogs rule

[image]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\photos\P3240040.jpg[/image]

I don't think this has worked.
CAN ANYONE HELP, PLEASE, I know how to show an Image on the Net but how do i show an image from my comp.?

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.hamptonandmcmurray.co.uk>Hampton and McMurray</A>

BrendanS

Visit site
You can't do it. The image HAS to be on the internet.

Best way to do this is to set up a free account with somewhere that hosts pictures, or if it's boaty related, Boatone will let you put it on his site.

<hr width=100% size=1>