cat to Australia

Helmut

Visit site
I would be most grateful on comments about the regulations and experiences of sailing with a cat (U.K.'passport') to Australia.

RobertMartin

Visit site
Australia is VERY strict on incoming animals, as far as I know they will not let it in.. I moved here a while ago from the UK and our cat had to be quarantined ( spelling?? ..lol) for 6 weeks

check out - www.affa.gov.au/content/output.cfm?ObjectID=3E48F86-AA1A-11A1-B6300060B0AA00014... this will give you all the info.. It was 10 yrs ago I came in so I am sure the time frame has changed

Bobby aka Seawolf..
Freedom is the song of your soul..

ccscott49

Visit site
Even if you can complete the quarantine, I think they will not let a cat into australia, they are considered a pest and they are trying to eradicate them, especially in southern parts, where they are killing off all the local small wildlife, there are housands of them, they are normally shot on sight! I feel you may have a problem.

G

Australia is just announced it is to intorduce a simialr scheme to the PETS scheme - by the time you get there it should be in place - see their website

G

Re: Helmut - cat - Aus

Helmut - check, double check and triple check with the Aus Quarantine Service - and get their official response in WRITING. Enquire as to whether the cat should be microchipped. They will show no mercy....
Wendy