Castaways, Mylor Harbour

nelly1

Visit site
There is a new owner at the helm - same excellent chef and staff, but a few changes in hand. Worth revisiting, even if crossed off your list previously......

Boreades

Visit site
Went there to meet some friends who live in Mylor. Sad to say the service was very very slow, and we were the only customers in there. Our friends said it's always like that. But our children liked the hot chocolate drinks they had, and the location is great.

skyflyer

Visit site
Went there to meet some friends who live in Mylor. Sad to say the service was very very slow, and we were the only customers in there. Our friends said it's always like that. But our children liked the hot chocolate drinks they had, and the location is great.

What??? It's always packed!

(No connection with owner, no commission, etc etc)

KevO

Visit site
I stopped in there with some friends in an afternoon about a month ago. There were about 4 other customers there IIRC. The drinks were ok (the pimms was pricy though), the cakes were nice, the service was slower than a slow thing in slow land on 'let's be really slow' day. God knows how they would cope if it actually got busy! :rolleyes:

nelly1

Visit site
Just to quash a currently circulating rumour, Castaways does still welcome dogs - provided their owners are well behaved.

david100952

Visit site
We visited Castaways twice when doing training with the Mylor sailing/cruising school (Which I would give the highest recommendations). I was over a year ago but I would say the food on both occasions was well worh waing for!

CC19

Visit site
I live nearby, and we use Castaways a lot. It is under new management, and has had a much needed shot in the arm. Good bistro food, with staples at around a tenner and more exotic offerings on the 'specials' board at the £15-18 range. Smashing staff, dogs are welcome, and a great location right on the front at the yacht harbour. It does get very busy in the main holiday season (now!) but there is a good reason for that. I can also highly recommend Cafe Mylor, about 50 yards along and underneath the Mylor YC: also relatively new ownership, excellent coffees, cakes, breakfasts etc etc

bluebosunsmate

Visit site
Toby the new owner is keeping the 'old seafood restaurant' open during the winter (closed Sunday evening until Wednesday lunchtime) which is nice as it feels more like a pub and there is somewhere to get a hot drink or meal during the dankest months!

Gregson

Visit site
Excellent food served promptly now. Have been two nights in a row. Very cosy in the old pub at the back. Need to book though

Yngmar

Visit site
Good service and excellent food. Busy, but not packed on a sunny day, with benches outside by the parked Travelift. The dessert was Tiramisu Cheesecake, two things I love in one - how could I resist:

tiramisucheesecake.jpg