Cassis

Bouba

Visit site
A lot of you have been to Cassis already I’m sure…it’s a little jewel just east of Marseille. Even though I have ventured that far by boat in the past…this trip was by electric car. The setting of the town is spectacular…it’s set amongst cliffs called the Massif des Calanques…after leaving the ultra modern motorway you descend down down down a winding road to a small town where parking is scarce. The Calanques can be enjoyed in many ways…incredible and rugged walks on the top,,,by boat or maybe canoe into the caves and rock bridges…watching dolphins or sightseeing in glass bottomed boats.
The town itself has numerous restaurants and a beach…it’s not chi-chi like St Tropez or Portofino..so most of you will feel relaxed…anyhow here’s some pictures from our day trip…

Bouba

Visit site
The day felt boiling hot…especially seated outside for lunch…we didn’t walk on the Calanques this time for lots of reasons, my knees are giving me grief, the dog is getting old and I was stuffed from lunch (even the waitress was surprised I wanted chips with it).
We still managed a smaller and only a little less spectacular walk near Toulon…

Bouba

Visit site
What lovely pics.
Some years ago now but the calanques were amazing and the beautiful Cassis but also a cold shudder when I remember from Cassis we crossed the Golf of Lion and hit a f6/7 in the middle. Fun not!
To us, it’s the rough side...and we mean the sea. So we really watch the forecast before we set out...we have also been caught out in scary stuff...also getting past Toulon risks hitting the wakes of big ships

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
About a decade ago we had a lovely holiday down there, based in Bandol but explored by car. We too loved Cassis and the surrounds.
I used to go to Bandol every September, after the 24hr bike race at Paul Ricard, as it is now. But the municipal campsite got ‘developed’ into luxury flats. No more post hangover British bikers still in their leathers sleeping it off on the beach. We moved on to Le Lavandou. Not for many years now though.