Cartagena, doing your own work?

graham460

Visit site
Hi Tingha

Thanks for the information

I did Email Red last Friday - Sent text and phoned him, but not had any replies as of yet. I'll give him another call

Jon Snow, I was given a phone number from the chao in the office - all I get is a Spanish message so it may be discontinued.

ASCAR - Yes I have been there a few times, the chap there gave me his Leaflet - If I cannot get red I'll give them a call.

) Yanmar/Sole/Nanni/Mercury service & engineering shop about half a mile from the marina. (I can give you directions if/when you arrive)
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...doing-your-own-work/page2#Ro1h4b5EI3wDJF7b.99

I know there is ASCAR - and two other Yacht chandlers on the road past the roundabout..

Somebody at the BBQ told me that ASCAR would have to pay commission to YPC marina

Well Better tidy up all the tools - have mate coming form UK tonight - (Not a sailor)

OK Thanks for the Information.

I,m at the end of D Pontoon opposite the Cafe / Jesus boat

Regards

Graham

damsis44

Visit site
Just a quickie, I think Ascar only have to pay the marina (as does Rojo) if they do work on the marina site. We had a job done by them in the summer and we sat in their hoist bay at the yard all day whilst they worked. The bill came from them direct, so I don't think YPC took a cut. BTW, if you use Hood sails, beware, you pay their bill through the marina invoicing system, so are definitely paying for YPC to 'allow' them to work on site.

graham460

Visit site
Hello Damis44

Yes Thanks

About 20mins after your email - RED turned up -

So we disconnected the Sail Gearbox, and he has taken it away to his workshop yesterday Lunch time, Waiting for him to contact me
It may just be the clutch mechanism - (Hopefully he can fix it)

When I i used RED last time The Marina Invoiced me for his Bill.

HOOD
Yes June Said be careful with them, I sent them photos of the Loose hem on the Genoa, they said around 50-60 Euros.
When I got the bill it was 100 euros plus VAT.

Not put the sailup yet - it is still in the Marina Office Hoping to put it up today - My Mate arrived last night But he is not a sailor

HOOD was also invoiced through the Marina

Could do with some FENDER SOCKS - as through the winter they have scratched the side of my Boat.

Not too sure if anyone makes them here on site - I believe there is a guy who does sewing - My other mate Andy was talking to them - Think they are German