Cardiff Yacht Club Open Day

trapper guy

Visit site
Fun day, try a sail = dinghies and sailing cruisers.
RNLI life jacket clinic and display.
BBQ. Band.
Guaranteed sunshine.
SATURDAY 10 AUGUST 2024.
CARDIFF YACHT CLUB, WINDSOR ESPLANADE, CF10 5BG
is cardiff yacht club open to visiting boats?
im currently in ilfracombe considering various destinations before heading back to weston bay yacht club

trapper guy

Visit site
well that was a more open earnest response than i got from barry yacht club, who reluctantly invited me 'to stay for a tide'.
is there a charge applied?, not that im unwilling to pay, jut so that i know.
i have heard you have electric hookup available too, though not sure if that is an unfounded rumour.
im having issues with my leisure batts at present.

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
well that was a more open earnest response than i got from barry yacht club, who reluctantly invited me 'to stay for a tide'.
is there a charge applied?, not that im unwilling to pay, jut so that i know.
i have heard you have electric hookup available too, though not sure if that is an unfounded rumour.
im having issues with my leisure batts at present.
Did you go and were you welcomed?
Great stopping point for tides, bar and showers!

trapper guy

Visit site
Did you go and were you welcomed?
Great stopping point for tides, bar and showers!
no i didnt as it happens, tides dictated limited daylight hours so resorted to watchet first then home port, couldnt make it to cardiff before sun went down, and im not brave enough to night ail solo yet.
but i will at some stage for sure, visit cardiff that is.

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
no i didnt as it happens, tides dictated limited daylight hours so resorted to watchet first then home port, couldnt make it to cardiff before sun went down, and im not brave enough to night ail solo yet.
but i will at some stage for sure, visit cardiff that is.
The entrance to the barrage is tricky first time. Best tearn the approach in daylight.

trapper guy

Visit site
The entrance to the barrage is tricky first time. Best tearn the approach in daylight.
yeah that formed part of my thinking.
where i dont doubt the barrage is well lit at night, there is a lot to consider including tidal rips and things.
i have enough to do coping with daylight sailing at present

38mess

Visit site
Good call. Sailed into the locks many times including at night and it can be very confusing with all the background lights on the actual barrage, I used the leading lights for the main wrach channel but you have to turn to port half way along and enter the barrage channel. This can be confusing as sometimes the leading lights to the barrage are off. But in daylight it's straight forward.

trapper guy

Visit site
Good call. Sailed into the locks many times including at night and it can be very confusing with all the background lights on the actual barrage, I used the leading lights for the main wrach channel but you have to turn to port half way along and enter the barrage channel. This can be confusing as sometimes the leading lights to the barrage are off. But in daylight it's straight forward.
are you saying the lights work during the day?
;P