Carbon Tax - It will never happen - probably!

dragoon

Visit site
Hmmm....interesting.

Seems to be another method of restricting fuel usage by increasing it's cost, yet passed under the guise of "capping" (which anyone with the appropriate funding can buy their way out of). I wonder how much the treasury would plan to make out of such a scheme?

I also read with interest this morning, a group of MPs lobbying again for a inormous hike vehicle excise duty and tax on flights. Having sat on a flight to the US recently (an American Airlines Boeing 777) with only 21 people aboard (!) it makes you think how "un-green" it's possible to be.....

Seems to me that our government can think of nothing but levying charges and taxes, whilst our European friends look to alternative transport energy solutions such as Biodiesel (e.g. in Sweden), and LPG (e.g. Holland have had this technology deployed for a number of years).

Cheers,
Paul

joebloggs

Visit site
Could it be that responsible governance is to aim to reduce the overal consumption of unrenewable carbon fuels because people will just not take the responsibility to do so themselves, despite the clear need to do so. I welcome efforts from whatever quarter to attempt to reduce the effect of global warmig on my world.
We just don't like having to make changes to our life-style, but if we don't our children and our grandchildren will certainly have to face the consequences.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
>>>
I welcome efforts from whatever quarter to attempt to reduce the effect of global warmig on my world.
>>>

Dear [insert name of deity/chosen alien species here].

My planet is going through a cyclical warming based predominantly on weather cycles that occur at longer periods than our records and/or science can incontrovertibly detect. Left wing politicians, populists, scientists in search of grant funding and bandwagon hoppers have apparently declared this to be the result of a comparatively tiny number of independantly minded people choosing to amuse themselves by travelling about for pleasure, but doing so in a motorised boat, as opposed to an aeroplane, car or motor cycle. These people are also not getting themselves to football matches, crowded Spanish/Floridan/Greek/Turkish etc beaches or doing anything else seen as one of the ways that the common man uses fossil fuels.

Would you be good enough to debunk or prove, conclusively and publicly, the theory of global warming being related to a few hundred thousand boaters as opposed to many hubdreds of millions flying on holiday, driving long distances to away football matches or even simply not taking the bus or train becauise they are too idle to walk to the bus stop or railway station. While you are at it, you might debunk or prove the global warming theory in general.

If global warming is real, then please bring into being a carbon credit scheme rather than letting greedy and inefficient govenments claim spurious green issues as justification for additional taxes which act to make all use more expensive, thus making basic heating, lighting and cooking taxed on the same principal as driving long distances to away football matches. In addition enfoce the taxation of aviation fuel at the same rate as all other petroleum products and explain to out of work aviation industry staff and politicians that it was for their own good.

Thanks very much,

A concerned inhabitant of Planet Earth