Car stuff again!?

ari

Visit site
Following the huge amount of posts regarding GPS in cars I had a thought.

Quite a few motorboat owners that I know have "cherished/classic/sports cars" tucked away at home. I reckon it goes with the big boy toy mentality that drives us to powerboats in the first instance.

Now I know from the GPS in cars post that every single contributor to this forum drives a BMW (so I'll avoid comments about red braces and stripy shirts!) but come on, what else you got tucked away in the garage at home?

Ari.

BarryD

Visit site
SWMBO drives a Suzuki Jimney - with the top down and the blower on full it has been known to reach 60. I've got an old TR7v8 DHC which I really wish someone would buy off me.

Barry D.

Col

Visit site
Honda Fireblade,1959 Ford Pop (sit up and beg),2xVolvo (5.7 V8) AQ311 engines (any takers?)A lathe and a mill.

paulineb

Visit site
We had a TR8 until a little while ago. It was left hand drive as it was one of the 15 prototypes imported from the US. It was yellow. Looked like a wedge of cheese. VERY fast. I've got a BMW 535 (also v.v. fast it's John Major Grey inside and out - yuk.

Pauline B

stewart

Visit site
no BMW here

Subaru impreza (very dirty - think might once have been blue but I can't remember) - the word refined doesn't exactly leap to mind but goes well.

Ferrari 355 - goes very well and is refined(ish)

Honda Firebalde - goes like.... well you get the idea

Harley Davidson Night Train

Been thinking about keeping the Harley with the boat in Spain as the climate and roads there seem much better suited to it - anyone else keep a vehicle with their boat?

BarryD

Visit site
Typical BL stuff - they build it here and then ship it to the States to have it re-imported. Yep it goes like stink, pops and bangs all the time and sucks small children into the air filters. It's a bit like a motor cycle - and is forever breaking traction in the wet / dry / corner / straight line. Love it. Has to go as I need the garge space (Stag in the corner).

Barry D.

G

Seems to be a trend appearing, Lotus Eclat, Alfa Milano (kit car), Triumph Trident, Triton, Suzuki 250, Lathe, mill, assorted engines from boats, cars & bikes... Some chap's inboard that I must get round to rebuilding....

stewart

Visit site
Re: no BMW here

well I guess we're back to that last offer I made on your "models" posting!!!!! It's still open, especially if the two are combined! Watch everyone look that one up!

paulineb

Visit site

The closest I get to a motorbike is one of Mr B's farts. He sounds like a 500 Norton. ChrisP promised to take me for a ride on his, but he hasn't come up with the goods yet and now it's too late for this year cos he wraps it up and puts it to bed in the winter.

Pauline B

ccscott49

Visit site

Have a BSA B50, 500cc single from 71, same age as boat, lift it on and off the fore deck with a spinnaker (cargo) pole, wonderful in Portugal and such warmer places, starts first kick! Mainly ally, so fairly light aswell.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Oh, no, no, no. Apart from being crap bikes, Harleys are ridden by middle aged men in a desparate search for their receding youth/p...s/hairline/waistline and with a predeliction for leather sidebags with frills on them, silly black nazi stormtrooper helmets and S+M boots. 'Course you might go for that, Pauline......

G

When you find a buyer for the TR7 would you see if they could take my MGB Roadster away as well please? I've been meaning to do the thing up for about 15 years now.

On the bike front I whizz around town on a Jamie Oliver 'special' - an Aprillia Habana custom 125. It a bit of Vespa/Harley Davidson cross-breed. 125cc 4-stroke - great fun!

KevB

Visit site
Kawasaki ZX9, Volvo S40 T4, roller blades and a push bike, plus like many others I keep a lot of junk in my garage that maybe one day I'll need, one day maybe!!!

stewart

Visit site

no, of course it's not got frilly things - give me some credit. Hardly any chrome either - that all seems a bit flash - just mainly black and lot's of fun when the sun is shining.

"on the waterfront" - as in Yves Marie Saint etc? not seen it but I think there's a song about it.