Car hire barcalona airport

RobbieW

Visit site
If you go full-full (always my choice) theres a fuel station hidden away on the airport site, not far from the station, to refuel at before return

colind3782

Visit site
If you go full-full (always my choice) theres a fuel station hidden away on the airport site, not far from the station, to refuel at before return

It's a right turn immediately you enter the airport grounds and signposted.

I generally use Holiday Autos as a booking agent and, as for rental companies, I've found that Firefly (part of Hertz) are OK but avoid Gold Car, they're carp. Be aware that Firefly are limiting the mileage to 100km a day unless you take their insurance.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
Thanks I have booked with doyouspain

Enjoy the correspondance: We too used them in July 2012 - the car, price and service were all very good, but four years later we still get one or two emails from them each week advising of their latest special deals; they go straight to the spam-box for a month or so, then somehow or other, start finding their way into the inbox until I tag them again?

colind3782

Visit site
Brief update. Firefly have now started imposing some fairly onerous conditions if you don't take their insurance. They are now limiting the mileage and the amount depends on the time of year. At the moment it's 250 km per day but from April, it's 60 km per day! Also, they have withdrawn roadside assistance so, if you breakdown, you're on your own.

I don't know if any of the other rental companies are going down this route but I'll be doing some research.

Gumpy

Visit site
Interested to know, when you show them this do they (the car hire company) back down from the hard sell?

To be honest I've never had hard sell, I just say no to the gizmos, pay the minimum insurance CDW pay the deposit and that's it. As I understand it, I've never claimed, what the insurance does is insure the deposit so if I have a problem and loose the deposit they reimburse me.
Having said all that we normally fly into Reus as its closer to where we go and a nicer airport.