car battery on a boat

Tammany

Visit site
Yes I suppose it was a confusing reply lol. Basically both batteries are hankook. Both are same colour and the tech specs are the same apart from capacities and size. The leisure battery has a picture of a caravan and boat on the side and terminals that take both round pins and bolts. I'm pretty sure they are both the same inside even though they are marketed differently. As someone mentioned the only thing different is the labels lol.

Tranona

Visit site
Hope you did not pay a premium if you think they are the same! small start batteries like your 55AH one are relatively cheap because they are the type used in millions of cars. For your service bank you only find out the benefit of deep cycle batteries if your usage regime takes advantage of their properties, such as a liveaboard or you cruise for extended period. The typical weekend sailor does not normally place heavy demands on a battery which is why the so called leisure batteries are popular.

Tammany

Visit site
Perhaps the chemicals are different. I bought it because we have the same in our cars and the leisure version in our caravan and they've given good service so can't complain. It's not a premium brand the 125a leisure was £80 so happy with that for a few years service.