Cape St Vincent to Gibraltar, where to leave the boat?

Fascadale

Visit site
I plan to be round Cape St Vincent by June next year

I need to find somewhere between there and Gib to leave the boat ( Rival 34) for July, August and September, in the water or out. Somewhere safe and secure and preferably at the more economic end of the scale.

I won’t be coming and going so it does not need to be anywhere close to an airport. Accessibility by public transport would be useful.

Any suggestions?

Peter

Visit site
Try Ayamonte marina. Currently here now. Secure, well protected and cheaper than lagos, Albuferia etc. For a 14m yacht, €5500 per year. Faro about 2
Hrs by ferry/bus.

capnsensible

Visit site
Try Ayamonte marina. Currently here now. Secure, well protected and cheaper than lagos, Albuferia etc. For a 14m yacht, €5500 per year. Faro about 2
Hrs by ferry/bus.
That would have been my choice too if the op prefers Spain to Portugal. Ten minute walk to bus station for Sevile and airport. Take a book tho it's a long trip!

Any of the other government run marinas are the same price right through to Barbate. My personal,favourite is Rota on the Bay of Cadiz.

Edit to add if you want to push on through the Straits then La Linea has both pontoon berths and hardstanding options.

Fascadale

Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ll check out the prices at Bruce’s and at Lagos for three months ashore

How do prices compare on each side of the Guardiana? I’ve been to Ayamonte but never stopped by boat on the Portuguese side.

Time to do a bit of emailing I think

[3889]

Visit site
Hrs by ferry/bus.
I asked for a quote from Ayamonte for this winter but they only offered a per day price, which compared very unfavourably, or an annual price so not much good for a few months. Dunno about others in the region but Albufeira offered me 15% off published prices if a member of RYA, CC, OCC etc. without me even asking, and that was after they originally told me they were full. Neither did they ask for any evidence of organisation membership.

Fascadale

Visit site
Thanks for the continuing flow of advice.

Based on replies so far out of the water in Lagos cheaper than in the water in Ayamonte. Still to hear from Bruce’s and a few others. I’ll email those newly suggested.

And yes, the boat will be unoccupied for those months

Allergy

Live in East London, UK. Boat in Portsmouth Harbou
Visit site
Thanks for the continuing flow of advice.

Based on replies so far out of the water in Lagos cheaper than in the water in Ayamonte. Still to hear from Bruce’s and a few others. I’ll email those newly suggested.

And yes, the boat will be unoccupied for those months
With Lagos Marina, there is a small station nearby and trains runs along the coast to Faro Town. From there a bus goes to the airport.

Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ll check out the prices at Bruce’s and at Lagos for three months ashore

How do prices compare on each side of the Guardiana? I’ve been to Ayamonte but never stopped by boat on the Portuguese side.

Time to do a bit of emailing I think
It might be worthwhile having a word with Olhão marina. They are expanding but I don't know what the plans are for next year or the situation because of covid. They have always had a waiting list but next year ? There is also the boatyard in Olhão if you want to be ashore.