Can you identify this anchor locker latch?

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
The latch, or catch which secures the anchor locker on my Southerly 46RS has been forced at some time. The retaining bar no longer lines up with the handle. The bolt is twisted, its been over torqued.
Can anyone identify the make and model so I replace it?

Attachments

• 20240616_152959.jpg
    20240616_152959.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240616_153030.jpg
    20240616_153030.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240616_153135.jpg
    20240616_153135.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 20

KompetentKrew

Visit site
These appear similar:

To my eyes the two I have posted do not appear identical to each other. The Taco Marine one looks better quality - where the handle connects to the shaft it seems more precisely made with less gap between the parts. it's hard to tell from the Marine Depot pics, but it looks like the recess is larger at the ends of the handle on that one, and more similar to OP's. The Taco page has a diagram of dimensions you could compare with.

This was a very easy google, BTW.

EDIT: manufacturer of the MarineDepot is Sam Allen Wholesale, there's at least one supplier on eBay.

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
Thanks kompetentcrew.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.
I did spend a fair amount of time googling, but I guess, as always I wasn't using the correct search terms. I hadn't realised it was a T handle latch. I was searching around the terms deck latch.
Now I know what I'm looking for, I'll see if I can find a uk supplier.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Thanks kompetentcrew.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.
I did spend a fair amount of time googling, but I guess, as always I wasn't using the correct search terms. I hadn't realised it was a T handle latch. I was searching around the terms deck latch.
Now I know what I'm looking for, I'll see if I can find a uk supplier.
What I tend to do is go to the major chandlers online and find similar items there. I see what they call them, google that term and click on "images" - typically this brings up images of many similar products from different manufactures and I scroll through those to see if I can spot the exact model.

Based on the names of the items at the SVB given by @VicS I used the term "round floor latch for boat" and that took me straight too them.

I apologise for being a dick.