Can anybody identify this boat please?

keith1506

Visit site
Recent eBay acquisition. The seller called it a "Voyager 19", and said that it's an Uffa Fox design (it isn't) and that his dad bought her new in the 80s from a boat-builder in Wolverhampton.

Thought at first it might be a post-Hurley version of a GRP Silhouette, but the info on the SOIA website would indicate not; after Hurley stopped making them Varne Yachts in Essex built a few, then a company called Beresford Marine in Derbyshire, but I have brochures for both those versions and it isn't either of them. (Also it doesn't have the serpentine sheerline of a Silhouette).

I found one other pic on the internet which describes it as a "Voyager 19 designed by Robert Tucker", but it's not one of his either! (They were probably assuming the Silhouette connection I first thought of).

Anyway I've now reached a dead-end with my detective work, so any light any of you kind folk can shine would be much appreciated. (She is bilge-keel, masthead sloop, self-draining cockpit twin berth with one quarter berth, skeg-hung rudder)

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-04-21-19-58-57 (2).jpg
    PHOTO-2020-04-21-19-58-57 (2).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 114
  • PHOTO-2020-04-21-19-58-57 (4).jpg
    PHOTO-2020-04-21-19-58-57 (4).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 116
  • PHOTO-2020-04-21-19-58-57.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-04-21-19-58-57.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 106

Old Harry

Visit site
Sorry no idea what class she is but I know somebody who has one but cant contact him until lock-down is over

Sharky34

Visit site
Recent eBay acquisition. The seller called it a "Voyager 19", and said that it's an Uffa Fox design (it isn't) and that his dad bought her new in the 80s from a boat-builder in Wolverhampton.

Thought at first it might be a post-Hurley version of a GRP Silhouette, but the info on the SOIA website would indicate not; after Hurley stopped making them Varne Yachts in Essex built a few, then a company called Beresford Marine in Derbyshire, but I have brochures for both those versions and it isn't either of them. (Also it doesn't have the serpentine sheerline of a Silhouette).

I found one other pic on the internet which describes it as a "Voyager 19 designed by Robert Tucker", but it's not one of his either! (They were probably assuming the Silhouette connection I first thought of).

Anyway I've now reached a dead-end with my detective work, so any light any of you kind folk can shine would be much appreciated. (She is bilge-keel, masthead sloop, self-draining cockpit twin berth with one quarter berth, skeg-hung rudder)
Looks like a boat called a Sharky, 16' long, with a centre keel, which it could sit on (about 6" wide).

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I think it is a Mirror Offshore Mk.2

I'm certain that the Mirror Offshore Mk.II didn't have that amount of shear. It also had a round forehatch at an angle on a rounded forward part of the cabin.

I still remember their reputation for build quality. You could be stuck in the head until you went on to opposite tack because the door frame sagged and jammed the door.

Sharky34

Visit site
My first thought was also a Sharky. No idea where they were produced though.
Designed by 'Parkgates Marine Ltd',
Built by 'Waterside Plastics Ltd',
Sole UK agents 'Salterns Yacht Agency ltd, Chichester Yacht Basin, birdham'

Sail ID was a shape of a shark, below which was PG + number, sail area 90sq ft.
LOA 16', LWL 15', Beam 6', draft 1'6", displacement 1080 lbs, 2 berths, headroom 4'6", ballast 380 lbs.

Its in Bristows 71 Book of Yachts & Motor Sailers.
If I knew how to post a picture, I would.

Sharky34

Visit site

Voyager, was sold by Polycell Prout & was a Maurice Redman/Trevor McMullan design, built by Juxta Mare Marine ltd, only 13'2" loa,