Cable tie bases for glueing

mrming

instagram.com
Hi all,

I’m looking to route a bundle of two NMEA2000 cables around an area of the boat.

I want to cable tie them down as they go. These are parts of the boat where screws can’t be used, so ideally I would glue down the cable tie bases. They’ll cross a variety of unsuitable surfaces including (shock horror) a small area of vinyl hull lining, so the glue will need to be very sticky.

However, for buying online in the UK, I can only find cable tie bases with self-adhesive pads, or those designed for screwing down.

What I’m after is this kind of thing, but without the self-adhesive pad, so I can use my own adhesive (e.g. epoxy which is much more likely to stay put).

I found this article about a weld-mount cable tie system, but the product doesn’t seem to be available in the UK.

Does anyone know of a suitable item for my application? Any tips gratefully received! :)

PCUK

Visit site
Hi all,

I’m looking to route a bundle of two NMEA2000 cables around an area of the boat.

I want to cable tie them down as they go. These are parts of the boat where screws can’t be used, so ideally I would glue down the cable tie bases. They’ll cross a variety of unsuitable surfaces including (shock horror) a small area of vinyl hull lining, so the glue will need to be very sticky.

However, for buying online in the UK, I can only find cable tie bases with self-adhesive pads, or those designed for screwing down.

What I’m after is this kind of thing, but without the self-adhesive pad, so I can use my own adhesive (e.g. epoxy which is much more likely to stay put). :)
I use exactly those and add a small dab of CT1 on the adhesive pad. Needs a chisel to get them off (as I found last Friday!)

zoidberg

Visit site
I've used CT1's big brother Power Grab and Bond ( same stable ) to hold quite weighty objects - e.g. some underdeck reinforcement pads - until I can get throughbolts in place. Once set, I'm assured by CeeTec's boffin that it has as strong a grip as CT1. Perhaps a smear of this in 'up under' places would do the job...