C-Map pricing

kcrane

Visit site
We're planning to go over to the french coast in a couple of weeks, around Le Havre. It seems to be on the join between C-Map's Central and Eastern Channel catridges.

I've got a 2005 wide cartridge for the Central Channel, which will cost £90+VAT to update and then I need the Eastern cartridge at £139+VAT. To cover the Channel it will cost nearly £300 for the old style charts.

They have released a mega-wide MAX chart of the whole of the UK and north coast of France for £209+VAT.

Am I alone in thinking they're taking advantage of customers who need the older format?

Of course, they are entitled to do what they think is the best for their business, as I'm entitled to go elsewhere, but with a pair of R70CRC's already fitted, I'm a bit stuck.

pvb

Visit site
You can save a bit...

You can save a bit on the prices you've quoted by shopping around. For example, JG Tech sell NT+ Wide cartridges for £149 inc VAT & delivery, and they'll quote you a good price on updating too. Or there's an eBay supplier with slightly lower prices.

Channel Ribs

www.alderneymarine.com
[ QUOTE ]
They have released a mega-wide MAX chart of the whole of the UK and north coast of France for £209+VAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ought to keep my head down given the TV debacle /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but, I could probably help with the mega-wide option. I shall PM in a suitably sheepish fashion.

pvb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
...but, I could probably help with the mega-wide option...

[/ QUOTE ]Wasn't his point that his older RL70s can't use C-Map MAX?

kcrane

Visit site
Re: You can save a bit...

Thanks pvb, I'll have a look. We're off in a couple of weeks, so I need to sort it out.

Hang on a moment, isn't it possible to get charts on pieces of paper? Radical thought, but maybe that could work?

Nah, foolish thought, I'd have to work out where I was and then mark it on the paper chart with a pencil, who would do that by choice?

A prize to the first person who nearly replied "Err, me..." to that last flippant comment

KCS

www.kernowchartservices.co.uk
for what you get £300 isn't exactly expensive if you cover the same area with paper charts at the same detail it'd cost you fair more

and you really should have some sort of paper chart back up anyways as electronic charts are only an aid to navigation!