Buying advice

Hawkflier

Visit site
After not owning/skippering anything for 14 years, and after 8 years race crewing it's time to buy my own yacht.

I am looking for something not too old, well founded, and capable of some medium to long distances with the capacity for comfortable live a board conditions, and fairly fast. (Cruiser/racer I would expect)
My 27 Yr old daughter has crew exp (Racing) but her hubby doesn't, my 17 yr old son has a little sailing exp, while my other daughters fiancee is keen to do more. My wife has sailed but is still a little reluctant but is willing to try but insists upon space to accomodate all the kids and partners.

I am seriously looking at Sigma 362s and have a strong interest in an Dromor Apollo 12.
The Sigma I am thinking about needs some work while the Apollo (based in Greece) looks pretty tidy!
I have yet to view these yachts (first opportunity is late July) before perhaps making an offer and engaging a surveyor.

I would be happy for any comments or opinions folks!
Indeed if you have something for sale between 36 & 40 feet let me know. (Price limit is probably £45k)

Cheers and thanks in anticipation.