Buying a boat

Portofino

Visit site
Hi
As you have experience in buying a yacht in Italy, may I ask a few questions as the brokers English is non exsistent.
How much to de-register an Italian flag boat?
Is there any crusing/boat tax that I have seen mentioned on the internet? As if the deal go`s through I will stay in a local marina and day sail some days for a few months and get work done on boat before leaving for Greece

De reg they call it “irradiation of the flag “ is just a few hundred € say anything 2-400 ,
There’s no cruising or boat tax - for you .
I,am assuming you get the temp cover note / transfer doc on the day of purchase , keep a copy of the blue book ( original is sent back to port authority)
SSR it on line , Remove the decals , stick a red duster on the stern .

I understand there used to be a boat tax for Italian citizen,s with IT reg boats based on L or Hp ,not sure , never dug deep as - dereg ,d it ..

I see no reason why you can,t keep it a while in IT to do prep work .
Everything s up for negotiation,
Hope this helps

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
De reg they call it “irradiation of the flag “ is just a few hundred € say anything 2-400 ,
I,am assuming you get the temp cover note / transfer doc on the day of purchase , keep a copy of the blue book ( original is sent back to port authority)

I understand there used to be a boat tax for Italian citizen,s with IT reg boats based on L or Hp ,not sure , never dug deep as - dereg ,d it ..

Hope this helps

Woh!
That was quick, thanks

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site

Hope this helps

Legal fees for solicitor please