bulkhead hose fitting, any ideas.

mattnj

www.red-data.co.uk
I am trying to find a bulkhead hose fitting, for seawater (deckwash) to have a pipe/fitting/tap coming onto the transom, so I can connect up a hose for washdown...

Cant find anything, anywhere, how should I be connecting (and removing) a deckwash hose?

I was hoping for a hozelock bulkhead fitting, to just pop a hose into, but no luck.

There is a jabsco one, but (a) its about £70! and (b) it is massive, probably 3/4" bore!

Poecheng

Visit site
I was looking for the same thing this weekend.
All I could find was the one you have found - Jabsco Quick Connect (or something like that) which seemed a quality product not least because there is nothing protruding.
Not sure there is anything like a flush mounted female Hozelock socket - if there is then that might do the trick?

Just seen this: http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...lush-mounting-through-hull-Hozelock-connector

Last edited:

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I am trying to find a bulkhead hose fitting, for seawater (deckwash) to have a pipe/fitting/tap coming onto the transom, so I can connect up a hose for washdown...

Cant find anything, anywhere, how should I be connecting (and removing) a deckwash hose?

I was hoping for a hozelock bulkhead fitting, to just pop a hose into, but no luck.

There is a jabsco one, but (a) its about £70! and (b) it is massive, probably 3/4" bore!

I looked several years ago when I was fitting out my boat and could not find one except the jabsco one.

I then made my own with a 3/4 bsp stainless steel socket welded through a stainless plate that I bolted to the deck. I then fitted a male hozelock fitting to take the female on the end of a hose.

You might be able to use one of these

F4586823-01.jpg

Plum

Visit site

Suggest this arrangement https://www.amazon.co.uk/WATERBUTT-CONNECTOR-RANGE-OUTLET-FITTINGS/dp/B00XWLTPFA

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

robertj

Visit site
There is a stainless steel fitting with a flanged female hose lock connection. I have been looking also. For the life of me I can't find it now (only a week ago) if I do I'll post it. It's £69 ish so not cheap.

mattnj

www.red-data.co.uk
I ended up buying some stainless fittings, I decided as the pump is on all the time (for heads) I needed a valve, and wanted it all accessible on the transom, so I have a tap/outlet on the transom and a hose fitting, this lot was about £20

2016-09-02 09_21_38-2016-09-02 09.09.04.jpg

Last edited:

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I ended up buying some stainless fittings, I decided as the pump is on all the time (for heads) I needed a valve, and wanted it all accessible on the transom, so I have a tap/outlet on the transom and a host fitting, this lot was about £20

View attachment 59701

Almost the same as mine except I welded the flange to the socket as I have TIG welding equipment,

I also made a 1/2 " BSP Female to 3/4"BSP Female fitting so to fit a Gardina hose quick connector.