BSS

Phill

Visit site
With my BSS certificate due to expire in June, I was about to get in touch with Bill Kane when I read he'd retired. A great shame as I'd heard nothing but good about him.
Any other Upper Thames examiners that you'd care to recommend?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TrueBlue

Visit site
I keep recommending Tim Allen on Ash Island above Molesey Lock (T.W. Allen and Co) Nobody has disavowed my suggestion so I've no way of knowing if anyone else has used him.

'Twould be nice if some feed back were left.....

byron

RIP
Visit site
It's a toughie because Bill came so highly reccomended by all and sundry as a sensible practical examiner. Your guy has one fan, what happens if he turns out to be a nit picker as one dick head I know is. I'm going to ask John Blake who he reccomends, if Blakey don't know then maybe I try your dude.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Byron,

does the guy who lives on the Thames just above the Freeman place by Moulsford still do certificates? Can't remember his name (he might own "I'm Dots"). This guy did our boat when the BSS cert first came in and was very fair and pragmatic. He did a "before" assessment as what needed to be done - and at no charge!.

Example: no point in introducing a T pressure test point by the cooker which could be a source of compression joint failure in it's own right - put it in the gas locker - I can pressure test just as well from there.

I'm still reminded of the guy who was told he had to replace all his single core 240v cables with multi-core. He did it at a cost of £1500 and then BSS changed their minds and allowed single core - so he sued them and got all his money back /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
That is John Blake, unfortunately he gave it up and stopped being an Inspector. Two reasons the cost of the certificates and some of the stupidities in the test.