Brixham to Totnes in our 4.5m Rib (42 mile round trip)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Yesterday was day 2 of the Southwest Sports boat Rally and off we all went from Brixham to Totnes on the River Dart. The Dart is a stunningly beautiful river and if you time the tides right you can easily get to Totnes. Here is a little video of our trip with the 20 other boats

nicho

Visit site
Once decided to go to Totnes, moor alongside the quay and grab something to eat at the pub. The pub had gone upmarket and become a posh restaurant, with pretty slow service. Gobbled our main course very quickly as we watched the boat almost disappear from view. Just made it, but churned some mud as we left!!

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Once decided to go to Totnes, moor alongside the quay and grab something to eat at the pub. The pub had gone upmarket and become a posh restaurant, with pretty slow service. Gobbled our main course very quickly as we watched the boat almost disappear from view. Just made it, but churned some mud as we left!!
Yes it is a very long way up that river back to deep water. I churned mud on my way back up the river Frome once. I am still trying to get it out of the cooling system on the outboard

BlueJasper

Visit site
The dinghy might make it up to Totnes, but we'll grab a bouy at Dittisham. Plan is Weymouth, Brixham, Dittisham, Darthhaven, Weymouth and home. Hopefully by the time we head back, the Easterlies will have abated.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
The dinghy might make it up to Totnes, but we'll grab a bouy at Dittisham. Plan is Weymouth, Brixham, Dittisham, Darthhaven, Weymouth and home. Hopefully by the time we head back, the Easterlies will have abated.

Sounds a very nice trip. Yes let’s hope the Easterlies soon go

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Wind is still from the east. Even at low wind speeds it makes Torbay very challenging. From a locals perspective I was wonder what is the prevailing wind