Brittany Ferries - new ship Galicia

Coxsimon

Visit site
No, but I normally do that route on the pont aven. I see the tickets for the Galicia include breakfast and dinner which bumps up the price a lot.

KDee

Visit site
Cabins smaller than Pont Aven with no tea/coffee facilities (take your own!). Timed entry to restaurant for dinner resulting in long queue, tables very close together. Took ages to get off in Portsmouth as the internal ramp stuck. Just booked for April/June…£1068 return!

John100156

Visit site
I have used Galicia several times, last trip 29 January this year.

Rooms were fine, typical ferry, no queues at restaurant, you are given a letter on your boarding card and attend at the time, we were group 'C' and arrived at 7:30pm, with no one in front if us, very easy.

Commodore Club is useful, as much wine and snacks as you like, you just pay a one off fee when booking if not in a Commodore cabin. Watched Nadal win the tennis!

Much more room for parking on the car decks IMO, very easy when boarding and disembarking, all in all a very easy trip.

Food was quite good given its mass produced ferry. Not many shops, but reasonable duty free.

We are using the new Salamanca to go out on 31 March - expect it to be much the same....!

John100156

Visit site
Cabins smaller than Pont Aven with no tea/coffee facilities (take your own!). Timed entry to restaurant for dinner resulting in long queue, tables very close together. Took ages to get off in Portsmouth as the internal ramp stuck. Just booked for April/June…£1068 return!

I think I was on that boat too - waiting for ages as the ramp stuck and then an enormous queue getting through border control. They seem to have it sorted now. This time we got off faster and was through border control with about 8 cars in front of us....! No coffee making though, still, screw top wine bottles helped!

Asm

Visit site
I think you are out of date
The new Salamanca is just entering service.
See here
Brittany Ferries
So we will now have Galicia, Pont Anen and Salamanca doing the UK/Spain run.
I believe
I think you are out of date
The new Salamanca is just entering service.
See here
Brittany Ferries
So we will now have Galicia, Pont Anen and Salamanca doing the UK/Spain run.
I believe that Cap Finistere is about to leave service with Brittany Ferries
I read somewhere that the Pont aven will only be serving Ireland/Spain.

Asm

Visit site
Oh - that would be a shame - I really like the Pont Aven's silver service restaurant.
‘Brittany Ferries has confirmed it is in the final stages of negotiation for the sale of Cap Finistère to Italian shipping company GNV’.
GNV added trips from mainland Spain to the Balearics last year, I wonder what route she will be on? Like you, the Pont Aven was my favourite!

Asm

Visit site
Update re Pont Aven. Contrary to a previous announcement from BF, this ferry will be on the Plymouth/Santander route. They’ve also improved (made it like the old one) the layout of the timetable on the latest BF site

Hurricane

Visit site
Update re Pont Aven. Contrary to a previous announcement from BF, this ferry will be on the Plymouth/Santander route. They’ve also improved (made it like the old one) the layout of the timetable on the latest BF site
When you say "this ferry" - did you mean the Pont Aven or the Salamanca
BTW - I've now put Salamanca's final MMSI on SCMCHAT's AIS Fleet.