Bristol Thiefs

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Only the skull & cross but not a nice feeling when i had our little boy on board....and 0610 seemed a funny time. If it had been say 0200 i would have thought it was pissed up kids doing it for a laugh. Anyway they could have had the laptop,Icom & GPS if they were real thiefs (the window was wide open)

donm

Visit site
Not nice. A few years ago we were aground against the wall in Minehead and I heard a strange sound around 2.00 in the morning. Went on deck to find that someone had cast off all of our lines from the wall!

graham

Visit site
I remember on the way to the tall ships race in Milford Haven in 91 I think. we stopped off for a couple of nights in Saundersfoot Harbour.During the night one of the boats we were in company with heard someone breaking into a large motorboat they were rafted up to.Mobile phones werent common then so he quietly called the coastguard on the VHF and the toe rags were arrested on the quay wall.

You can feel quite vulnerable in someplaces especially when dried out against a wall.

This idiot sounds more like a prankster who collects flags in the way some people have collections of traffic cones etc. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Did you report the theft to the Harbour Master?
Not much he can do but helps alert him to the fact that there may be a problem.
We have a "boat watch" scheme in the area, shame no-one was "watching."

Csail

N/A
Visit site
It's quite distinctive as you saw, but also has 'Bonny Mary CBYC' written on it. Doubt it was a boaty person though, probably in some students digs by now!

Csail

N/A
Visit site
015-1.jpg

Other threads that may be of interest