Bristol Harbour Festival - This weekend

LizzyD

Visit site
We're going. Full crew on Lizzy for this. Does anyone know where the Mariner's Bar is? That's what the wrist bands are for but I don't know where it is.

Lizzy D

tre4

Visit site
The Mariners bar is usally to the left of the stage where the noise comes from. Looks like we may have a drop of rain to contend with but don't worry have pioneered a method of using cocktail umblellas to avoid diluting the beer. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LizzyD

Visit site
Thanks mate. I hope they let dogs in. Bev, Kaiser and me are all coming. The weather is looking pants I must admit. Still, thanks to "Mr Strongbow", I'm feeling confident this evening.

See you there,

Lizzy D

Saguday

Visit site
Hey, LizzyD, I saw you coming up the Avon tonight - I was sitting in the traffic jam on the Portway heading into Bristol when you went past under Clifton Suspension bridge. I looked across and said "hey I know that boat!" and then "damn I don't have my camera!". Didn't catch the name of the boat behind you though.

Hope you have a good time in Brizzle (in the drizzle)

LizzyD

Visit site
Thanks mate. Got back today and as always, had a fantastic time at Bristol which is why we love going there.

However - the return journey? What a nightmare. Will make a separate post of it tomorrow. It's now 20:56 and Bev's already in bed. We're absolutely shattered.

Take care all,

Lizzy D

Sneds

Visit site
We to spotted Lizzy D, spoke to Who and C Sail and various other miscreants!
Weekend spoiled a bit by the weather although Saturday was nice.

A

Alcyone

Saw you on the visitor's pontoon at cyc this evening. I did shout but there was nobody home.

Who

Visit site
Yep, it was a good weekend... hic !

I counted 19 on our boat or sat on the edge of the pontoon at one stage.

It got me thinking, we need a bigger boat.

Now then, can i ask your advise?
Do you think this will be a good way to convince SWMBO that we need to get a bigger boat. I mean will she accept the concept?
She says she wants a new kitchen, but I think she really wants a bigger boat. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

Alcyone

But, it stands to reason, surely? If she wants a bigger kitchen, you must get a bigger boat. Difficult to make the kitchen bigger in the boat you have?

Or you could try the 'If we had a bigger boat, you could spend far less time slaving away in that kitchen darling' approach?

Or just find a different woman who already has a bigger boat, cut out the middle man, like?

Saguday

Visit site
I'm a bit annoyed. We were going to go in Saturday but the weather forecast was cr*p and it was chucking it down in the morning so we rearranged our day to do indoor things and try again Sunday.

So what happens: Saturday beautiful while we're in the cinema with the kids and then Sunday chucks it down again. Family revolted so we never got to go /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Glad you all had the weather on Saturday though, must have been great. I work just behind the docks near Jury's so saw all the preparation.

So what happened on the trip back? Wasn't a pleasant day for it...

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Well we left monday am heading for Cardiff and it was a bit rough...... not that bad though. Without sails i imagine it would be bouncy,