bray cruiser club

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
anyone on here a member of the bray cruiser club (or similar one on the thames)?
was looking at the website, and it seemed quite interesting. As we are looking at getting our first boat very soon and mooring at Bray, just wondered if it was a worthwile club to join as a complete novice to boating.

Brayman

Visit site
Bray is a great club, even if I do admit to being their immediate past Commodore.
There's plenty going on, a varied calendar and a very sociable group of members. I don't even moor at Bray, preferring the river upstream. But as a club I couldn't better it.
Regards
Ian

jaws

Visit site
Best club in the country! ;-)

Seriously though we have a very active program and people from all ages and all walks of life. Send an email from the website or PM me if you would like further details.

miket

Visit site
Have to disagree with the "best club in the country", but I am biased as a past it of Upper Thames Motor Yacht Club at Sonning (Reading).
However, must agree that they are a super bunch and if you must park in the "suburbs" you wont do any better!

byron

RIP
Visit site
They are a good club except for that gay bloke with a steel boat /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
oceaneagle.jpg

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
except for that gay bloke with a steel boat /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But mine is a plastic one ?!!
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DogsBody

Visit site
It seems I'm a bit late joining the fray but as I'm sure you've noticed by now, there a quite a few of us from Bray Cruiser Club lurking on here.

I think I must be one of the minority who are Bray members and not also Oxford Ditch or some other club but I personally find there is more than enough going on with BCC to keep my boating calendar busy.

I Joined them about 3-4 years ago now, with limited experience and went on the club's spring cruise to Rochester and was made to feel very welcome from the start, despite having a boat that was going so slow as to make everyone late arriving at Rochester.

Went to Holland last year with friends I met through the club, wouldn't think of not being a member now I've been with them for a few years.

I moor at Bray but we have members from all over including the odd one in Spain! (They do occasionally still make club get togethers but not by boat anymore.)

Come along to the cruise planning meeting we have in the club house at Bray marina on the 10th February and "try us out for size".

Regards,

Darren.

Brayman

Visit site
Paul
It's the white portakabin behind the far end of the sales ponton.
It will be open February 10th from 7:30pm for a cruise planning evening where we all discuss our ideas for the season, including the Spring Cruise to the Medway or East Coast.
If you are around just call in and have a chat.
Ian

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: White building

You got it, the white portacabin like thing hiding between the sales pontoon and the hard standing. I didn't know it was there myself until having been a marina resident for 18 months or so I asked in the office and they pointed me in the right direction!

Pop in like Ian says on the 10th and I'll buy you a beer.

Darren.

DogsBody

Visit site

For someone who does such a good job editing our club magazine Ian, I'm sure I could find you a suitable refreshment.

Darren.

(Should see me good for another couple of photos in the club mag...)

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
For someone who does such a good job editing our club magazine Ian,

[/ QUOTE ]

Blimey! Shock! Surprise! Amazement!
When did Ian learn to read and write other than the names on booze bottles /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif