Bowthruster Beneteau 373

westcott

Visit site
Hi

Can anyone help with advice on the siting of a bowthruster on an Beneteau Oceanis Clipper 373.

The ideal position would be in the bow forward of the water tank compartment but I am not sure if this would allow enough depth for the prop. I would be grateful for any advice.

Bobdehler

Visit site
They seem to be fitted aft of the forward water tank.
I was looking at one ashore in Windermere a couple of weeks ago.
Can Beneteau advise?

Regards Bob

westcott

Visit site
Thanks for the reply Bob. However I think the boat you saw must have had the water tank moved forward, as aft of the water tank on the factory layout you have the cabin floor.

I have tried contacting the Beneteau factory but never get a response.

Thanks again

John

Monique

Visit site
I saw an advert for an externally fitted thruster in a sailing mag... think it was "Voile et Voiliers". Away from home, so cannot scan ... oops.

Biggest problem I see is the risk of bashing them off with a resultant water way, should you ever bump your bow...

Would add some drag too but they look quite streamlined.

GL

Gelfie

Visit site
The bowthruster I fitted to my southerly 115 is only 6 inches below waterline and works well. Go for an 8 inch tube as they work better.

Bobdehler

Visit site
Thanks for the reply Bob. However I think the boat you saw must have had the water tank moved forward, as aft of the water tank on the factory layout you have the cabin floor.

I have tried contacting the Beneteau factory but never get a response.

Thanks again

John

Attached is a picture of it John

Regards

Bob

westcott

Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your input and thanks for the pictures Bob. Unfortunately the photograph is of the newer Oceanis 37 and not the 373, but I appreciate the effort.

Regards

John