Bog Off Boaters (Kim)

byron

RIP
Visit site
Kim, you refer to the "No Mooring" signs in the Kate/Eileen interview saga. Let me tell you why these are there. When I first bought my home I wasn't going to be one of those miserable gits who stopped moorers. After my first season the signs went up. People had emptied Porta Potties in the Grass, left broken bottles on the lawn, Rubbish was chucked in the bushes and a bonfire built on my lawn, one boat even set fire to a jetty and legged it instead of putting it out. One bloke had the cheek to complain to me because I also let hire boats stop. Narrowboats try to take up residency. This list is endless and boring. Now I only allow Yacht Club Rallies and have a different club here almost every week-end throughout the Summer. If something is wrong I can speak to the club's Commodore. I am pleased to state that in the last 15 years I have only had only one reason to register a complaint and the matter was sorted swiftly. Oh! One more thing, a certain friend of mine (yours too) came back home to find an itinerant moorer had moored up and unplugged his power supply to plug his own in.

©2001
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.advertising.mcmail.com

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Re: I should have guessed

Sadly, I am not surprised by anything you have said here Byron...as always, two sides to every story. So there we have it, perhaps an element of boaters have played their part in the decline of the Thames too, because I suspect what you report cannot be all blamed on that most convenient of buck-stoppers, the hireboater.

The BMIF used to have a slogan to promote the pleasure of 'get away from it all boating': Step off the earth for awhile". Clearly for people in your position the problems potentially start when boatowners step back on it again.