Boatyard Recommendation

G

Can anyone recommend a boatyard for a major refit in Porstmouth Harbour. Refit to include Engine, Electrics, instrumentation and plumbing

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

It depends if you are looking to do the major refit yourself or employ the yard to do it.
I did a major refit myself at Moody's. (Top of the Hamble.) They were not the cheapest for storage but leave plenty of room between boats so that you can easily work on them. Other yards you're lucky if you can get a paintbrush between hulls. The downside is Moodys will charge outside contractors £20 per day prefering you to employ their own staff. I did all my own work so this wasn't a factor. Moodys were very tolerant and I would recommend them.
A colleague of mine worked on his boat up at Northney marina. He had his boat out for about 18months. They just tried charging him for cradle hire retrospectivaly. Needless to say he declined to pay.
If on the other hand you are going to use the yards own services then once you've think you picked on the right one post again here on YBW to see if anyone has horror stories.

<hr width=100% size=1>