Boating out of Cardiff

ontheplane

Visit site
Have posted a few times about finding somewhere to keep the boat given I have limited access to a Ranger - so can't guarantee to be able to have it at the weekend so towing to the water is out, and even self-launch is probably a non starter.

Had some great suggestions - but have found a dry-stack in Cardiff that is affordable and of course dry stack solves all the problem...

HOWEVER - I have been over the Severn Bridge and gazed down into the murky brown silt filled water and wondered who on earth would want to boat there....

But Cardiff Marina is pretty full so plenty do.

So my question is....

What's it like? I would want to swim off the boat and waterski / ringo / wake board etc - is it safe to ski in the Severn Estuary / Bristol channel area outside of Cardiff - I worry the tides / rips would be awful given the huge tides / flows involved.

I would also worry about the engine silting up given the colour of the water and again how much silt is thrown into the water by the flow....

Has anyone any experience with boating here - is it nice ? What's the marina like?

Thank you.