Boat transport - recommendations?

peterg

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a company capable of transporting by road a 31ft non-flybridge motorcruiser (circa 4 tons) from the Hamble to the Thames at Windsor please - not sure if we're going to do it yet but I need to find out costs etc. in case we do.

Thanks

G

I have used Thames valley, only once tho, and it worked out fine, as did others recommneded. I'm told that many in the trade usem too, and indeed some of the adverts in MBY are axshully just subcontracting thames valley. They very calm-sounding Jenny is a contact.

Thames Valley Interboat
65 Lodden Bridge Road
Woodley
Reading
RG5 4AR

jenny
tel 01753 622111
fax number: 01753 621515

suzanne

Visit site
Re: Boring!

Much more fun to take it round, only take two or three days and can have much fun on the way if pick a good couple of days and are in good company. If really want to take it round by road you could ring either a marina near Hamble or Windsor (Penton Hook, Bray Marine, Windsor Marine) and see if they know of anyboady reasonable.

Suzanne xXx

Col

Visit site
Re: Interboat?

Old info I'm afraid Matt.
Interboat
Scours lane,Tilehurst.
0118 942 3877
As stated, speak to Jenny (or Phil )

G

Re: oops

sorry. Mind you, shows how good they are at moving large things (boats, offices) around. Or that they've bin established a long time mebbe? Other numbers (possibly some of them valid, none tried) are:

transboat 01202 632778
clarks 01489 892883
anglo 01803 528652
exonia 01404 46789
ashley 01734 814 809

peterg

Visit site
thanks Matt

I had already found them via the YBW directory (I must be on Kim's Xmas card list by now!) and have spoken to them at:
Thames Valley & Interboat Transport
Plus Total Ltd, The Racecourse Yacht Basin, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5HT, UK Tel: +44 (0)118 941 2112

Just in case anyone else needs this info, I was also put in touch with :
Kevin Henderson Yacht Transport on 01243 375262 (mobile 07836 233961) by my current marina as someone who turns up at the appointed time and knows what he's doing.

Cost quoted is around £275 - 300 + vat

G

Try Beverley transport, they are based in Hull but do a lot of runs to the south coast, and may do a deal on a 'back load', as they did for me when I needed my boat picking up from Poole.

Very good service, and their price was by far the best.

Phone 01482 881582

e mail doug@beverleytransport.fs

Neil

peterg

Visit site
Re:250-300 quid

I didn't think it was that cheap to be honest - it's only carrying it on a low loader for 80 miles after all and then I have to add lifting and relaunching which will almost double that!

Still, one thing that makes us happier is that annual berthing costs will be reduced by about 45% though - if we do it that is.

G

Try Beverly transport of Hull - ads in most boat mags - they keep a transporter going more or less non stop so long as the move date is 'flexible' you grt a good deal