Boat Shopping for Dummies.

doug748

Visit site
People often ask which boat they should buy. Here is my rule of thumb that knocks out 90% of choices :

* If you are looking for a cruising boat, it should have bookshelves.

* If you are looking at performance boats, it should have a lead keel, if not look elsewhere.....

* It you are searching for a used boat, there should be no cable clips and no visible electrical wiring.

Foolproof and easy.

There you go. Any other suggestions?

: -)

Last edited:

ryanroberts

Visit site
I don't reckon any of those kinds of tips work. Sure, use them to get a shortlist, but one day, a boat will just say, "Buy me", and you will. Any resemblance to your prior list of requirements is purely coincidental

Reason does go out of the window quite rapidly, rather like when dating apparently.

johnalison

Visit site
Think about corners or protrusions that might cause bruises or injury, as well as ease of movement in and out, and around.

Don't worry about dirt - get another £5,000 off the price.

You spend much of the time relaxing, so saloon seats must be comfortable and with angled backs and not like sitting in church.

Stemar

Visit site
If you're looking to fund your life through donations from strangers buy a wreck then post drama once a week on youtube.
:)
They make it look easy, don't they. I've no talent with a camera, but some have some serious talent both behind the camera and in editing. I suspect they're the ones who make money out of it, but I've a sneaking feeling that behind that half-hour video is a serious investment in kit and several hours editing. If they can produce something that people are willing to volunteer to pay to watch, good luck to 'em. Personally, I'd rather give to the local food bank, but each to his or her own.