Boat Shed

hlb

RIP
Visit site
What fantastic service. He was here for two and a half hours, moving stuff about and taking photos. Making sure there was nothing spoiling the photo's.

Took the fly brfidge cover off and back on again, same with the engine room.

Not surprised Network dont want to compete with them, with a photo of Mr Muscle.

Danpompey

Visit site
if you don't get much response then try a classified ad on Ebay.

We did this and got the asking price excluding boat sheds fees!

Good luck :)

Nautorius

Visit site
What fantastic service. He was here for two and a half hours, moving stuff about and taking photos. Making sure there was nothing spoiling the photo's.

Took the fly brfidge cover off and back on again, same with the engine room.

Not surprised Network dont want to compete with them, with a photo of Mr Muscle.

Haydn,

I am using Boatshed as well. They are just so much more profesional....

Paul

hlb

RIP
Visit site
As an aside I've just emailed the marina manager, as I think there is a clause about having to use their apointed agent. I'm on the boat so it's not to hand. However I can not use their agent, their agent has defaulted.

I did not mention this, but how can you be forced to use an agent which is unfit for purpose, surely this can not be enforced.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
As an aside I've just emailed the marina manager, as I think there is a clause about having to use their apointed agent. I'm on the boat so it's not to hand. However I can not use their agent, their agent has defaulted.

I did not mention this, but how can you be forced to use an agent which is unfit for purpose, surely this can not be enforced.

It could fall foul of it being an unfair contract term, if they try to apply it. The contract you signed does not mean you have to accept an inferior/sloppy service.

As a person who deals with consumer law all the time, I am increasingly uncomfortable with these restrictive clauses, like the other one with the marina saying you must only use their mechanics.

That one can be challenged especially if your engine is still in warranty. I know manufacturers cannot force you to use their recommended dealers, but there is a requirement to use a mechanic who is fully trained and has the correct tools, diagnostic equipment and most important, expertise on that particular engine.

Fenlander

Visit site
You may think its a good service, here's the experience we had with them.
Went to look at a boat up for £33,000 we offered £27,000 the woman from boatshed said that the owner would not consider anything below 30. OK we said but thats our final offer take it or leave it. That was 18 months ago, the boat was finally sold for 23,000 over a year later and I'm still not sure if the owner even knew what we offered.